Chapter 43

Aiden brought my bag to the car. He told me Oscar, Dawson, and Cole had left and would meet us at their house. The boys were still throwing things in their bags when Alec gets home and a few minutes later Axel got back from dropping off Taylor.

Alec was quickly caught up by Maggie and I. He packed a bag as well, and I realized I wasn't fully processing what was going on yet. I was going to Cole's house to stay there with my family.

Because my foster dad is trying to kill me.

Jeez, my life sucks.

Maggie hated it, but she had to leave. She had to go back to Tyler and her job. I wasn't her only priority and I knew that. So, I convinced her that while we were leaving she should too.

When we got to Cole's house, Marie runs out and gives me a quick hug. I awkwardly hugged her back while my brothers grabbed all the bags.

"How long are we going to be here?" Abel asks Aiden. Aiden glares at him, giving him a pointed look.

"Until it's safe." I press my lips together as Marie puts a hand on my arm.

"Lets get you all to some rooms," she says softly, and gives me an encouraging smile. I force a small smile in return. She brings us into the house and I smell the familiar smell that tells me Cole's already here.

She brings my brothers and I into a hallway in the house I hadn't seen before. She leans next to me and whispers to me. "Would you want to stay with him?" She whispers. I look at her with wide eyes. Cole's mom is asking me if I want to stay with him? I nod and she smiles a little at me, patting my arm a little.

"Abel, Axel, you two can have these rooms," she says, gesturing to the first doors on the left of the hall. The stairs that go back to the first floor is right next to the one Axel runs to. Then Abel, still looking annoyed, goes into the second room without a word.

She shows Aiden and Alec to their rooms, too and at that point I realized I wouldn't be in the same hallway as my brothers. She led me to a second hallway, and gestured to the room farthest down the hall on the right.

"That's Oscar and I's room. Cole's is just here, he's in there," she tells me. At this point I'd taken my own bag from Alec and nodded at her, the smile a little easier now.

"Thank you," I tell her. She smiles and gently nudges me towards the room, before walking away. I hesitate for a second. Should I just walk in? I mean... he's just climbed into my room plenty of times.

I decide to just walk in. Cole's room was big, a similar size to my own. He had windows all along the far wall that revealed a view of the forest I wasn't sure was actually real for a second. There seemed to be a little hall to the left wall next to the windows. But, in here, the walls were a dark gray, his bed was pushed against the left wall, there was two doors on the right wall, kind of like in my room. The doors were separated by a little table with a TV on it.

I looked around the room for a second. Cole wasn't in there. I placed my bag next to his bed before going to the little hall by the windows. I realized the room was much bigger than I thought. The hallway's right wall still had windows from floor to ceiling. The left had a bookshelf, that was basically empty.

It only took about ten steps to exit the hall again, and be in a little office-type room. Not the kind of thing you'd see in an average teenage boy's room.

Then again, I guess Cole isn't exactly your average teenage boy.

The room was filled with dark stained wood furniture. The far wall had more bookshelves, these were more filled. Some of the shelves had scrolls of what looked like maps, others had trinkets that I weren't sure what they actually were. In the middle, was a desk, and behind the desk, opposite the windows, was Cole's chair. The set up reminded me of Aiden's office. There were two brown leather chairs opposite Cole's side of the desk, the backs of the chairs to the windows.