Chapter 2

"Don't say that," he tells me. I raise an eyebrow.

"Why not? You don't know who I am, there was barely a person to know then. I don't want brothers. I'm graduating, then I'm gone. So, don't get to attached." He glances at me with a slightly sad look on his face, but he masks it. Guess it must run in the family.

Ew, no. Not a family. I don't have family.

He stays silent after that, clearly he was thinking. About forty minutes later a ringing stops the music. The screen in the center of the dashboard says 'Axel calling'. Alec hits a button on his wheel, and the screen changes.

"Hey! Did you get her?" He sounded like a little toddler who lost his puppy. I curled my lip at the screen and I heard Alec sigh disappointedly.

"I texted you two hours ago, Axel," he says.

"I know, but from what you said I didn't know if she'd run away or not." I rolled my eyes.

"It was considered," I mumble. Or I think I mumble. Apparently I said it louder than I thought. Alec glances at me and there is a silence over the phone.

"Holy shit, was that her?" I hear Axel say in shock a minute later. I roll my eyes and look out the window.

"Yeah, it was," Alec says. "We'll be home in about fifteen minutes, Ax, don't attack when we get there." Fifteen minutes. Don't attack? I didn't want this at all, and it felt so quick. Yet, it also felt like the longest car ride of my life.

"Alright," Axel says. He hangs up and I continue to look out the window. Thinking. Just... thinking.

When we pull into a long windy driveway I think it's never going to end. Until, I see a large house. A really large house. Could it even be called a house at this point? This house, on a long windy driveway, surrounded by woods, and the scariest part of all? My four brothers that I didn't know existed two hours ago were inside this massive home.

The house was big and white, and gave me Cinderella's chateau vibes. Yes. I've seen Cinderella. Maggie gave me a small taste of a childhood when she could. When she would drive me to new homes, she'd give me her laptop and put on movies. Like Matilda, Cinderella, Tangled, Monster House (that one terrified me when I was little), Charlotte's Web, ect. But, my favorite was definitely Matilda. I don't know, it just was.

"Like it?" I snap my head over to Alec and wince a little. Should not have done that. He was smiling up at the house. You're telling me, that while they were living here, as a family, all happy go lucky, I was in and out of foster homes getting beat on everyday. Yeah, I must love it.

"Sure," I say briefly with an obviously fake smile. I get out of the car and walk to the trunk. It pops open and I grab my stuff.

"Are you sure you don't want some help with that?" He asks. I give a tight smile and pick up my duffel bag.

"I'm fine," I say, an edge to my tone. He takes a second, nods, and closes the trunk. I hear the door open and look over to see a pale boy with slightly grown out curly hair, and a few freckles running towards me. When he gets closer I can see that he has pale blue eyes. He was handsome, and I assumed he was Axel based on his enthusiasm.

"Holy shit! You're like..." he pokes my arm and I clench my jaw, trying to prevent myself from hissing. "Real. This is cool! I'm not going to be treated like a baby anymore!" He exclaims. Alec swings an arm over his shoulder.

"Are you gonna change at all?" Alec asks. Axel looks confused.

"No?"

"Then you'll still be treated like a baby," he says. I smile slightly at that, and Alec seems to notice because he grins at me. I quickly wipe the smile from my face. Axel shrugs Alec off and looks at me.