Chapter 32

The next day, I went over to Kayla's house around noon with Maggie. She introduced herself, talked with us for a little bit, embarrassed me with a story from my childhood, and left. In Kayla's room, the girls and I sat on Kayla's bed.

"So... you and Cole. Have you guys...?" Kayla starts. I roll my eyes at her, a smile playing at my lips.

"Starting off strong, eh?" I ask and they grin at me.

"Oh, my God! Tell us what happened!" Kayla exclaims, looking excited.

"Um, he waited until it started raining the first night at the new site to kiss me. But that's all that happened," I tell them, giving Taylor specifically a pointed look. Taylor nods, following along. Kayla grins.

"Oh, didn't you say you like the rain?" I nod.

"I love it, yeah," I say. The girls smiled at eachother and then me.

"He knew that?" Taylor asks. I chuckle and nod. "And, then what?" She asks. I roll my eyes.

"That's it. A kiss. A really, really great kiss," I say. They were all smiles. So was I.

"Well, from the way he looks at you I just thought something more could have happened," Taylor says defensively. I give her a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I ask. She rolls her eyes.

"Girl, you've got him wrapped around your finger," she says. I smile a little, blushing softly. Kayla chuckles.

"Oh, I love this! You deserve to be happy," she says. I couldn't help but smile a little more at that. People wanted me to be happy. People were making me happy. If you told me that two months ago I would've told you to fuck off and rot in hell.

"Yeah well, what about you?" I ask. She blushes like a tomato. I exchanged a look with Taylor, and laughing erupts from both of us.

And after a few more hours of endless talking, Kayla brought me home. Maggie was in my room when I got there. I gave her a questioning look. She smiled, standing up.

"Don't you have a date tonight?" I smiled nervously, and nodded slightly. She grinned, and grabbed my hand, pulling me into my closet. "Oh, you must be excited. Your first date with your mate! Well, you're probably nervous but-" she looks at me, looking away from looking through my clothes. I rubbed my arm.

"Maggie, I'm not nervous because it's Cole. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I'm remotely calm, actually. I'm nervous because I've never actually been on a date before. The one kinda date I had that doesn't really count, I got arrested. Not really the best track record," I say. She sighs, walking over and hugging me. I let out a breath and hugged her back loosely.

"Don't be nervous. It'll be great. Don't think about it. Act how you normally would around him and everything will be fine," she says comfortingly. I nod, sighing. She pulls back and grins at me. "Now, do you know where he's taking you?"

I shake my head and she sighs. "Boys," she says under her breath, making me chuckle. "Well, we'll just have to go with something inbetween casual and nice." She continues rambling as she grabs a white top and a navy blue-almost black- cardigan. The jeans she picks out are ripped a little.

And when I put it on, I was looking in the bathroom mirror. Something wasn't right. I pulled a drawer open, pulling out the familiar box. I pull out the earrings that were in the room the day I got here. It seems like a hundred years ago. I press my lips together. I put the earrings in, and walk out of the bathroom. It was almost seven.

Maggie grins at me and puts her hands on my arms, looking me over. She looked proud. I smiled.

"You look great, Addie," she says. I smile and she looks at the door. "He's pulling up." I raise an eyebrow and then roll my eyes. I grab my phone off my side table, and rush out of the room. Alec leaned on the archway to the kitchen. He smiled at me. I knew Abel wasn't here, which I was thankful for. I didn't need him trying to scare Cole off. Axel was leaning over the railing upstairs. Aiden was probably in his office. Maggie put a hand on my arm to stop me.