Chapter 31

"So, how did Cole tell you?" She asks. I glance behind her and she waves her hand a little. "The twins went for a ride," she says. I look back at her and point.

"That's how I never got away with anything," I say. She smirks a little. "Wait, wait, wait, is that how you knew I drank?"

"Sadly. You stank," she says. I frown a little.

"Damn, makes sense," I say then shake my head. "Wait, no it doesn't. Well..." Maggie laughs.

"There's the peak into your mind that I love," she says. I smile softly and nod.

"Your welcome." She raises an eyebrow and I sigh. "Um, I was mad at him and so he took me far away from the camp, into the woods, and... showed me." She nods and chuckles slightly.

"Probably for the best," she says. I nod a little. "Now tell me the truth. Were you hurt when the rogue came to the camp?" I let out a breath and look at her. She presses her lips together. "What happened?"

"It found us. I seperated from the group, because I didn't want them getting hurt, and I fell when I made it to the woods. I tried to get back up, but it pinned my legs down." Her eyes widened and she stood up, gesturing for me to walk over to her.

"Show me," she says. I sigh.

"It's better now," I say. She rolls her eyes.

"You're human, it's still there," she says. I sigh and roll up my pants, turning around so she can see the healing legs. They were still a little scabbed, but were healing. "Oh, honey."

I turn back around and put hands on her shoulders. "Hey, I'm alright. It's fine."

"You think I didn't see the limp?" I shrug, and start putting the pants back down.

"Hey, I was hopeful." I smirked a little, but she didn't look impressed. "It'll be gone by next week, it's fine. I still have a certain skill set if you couldn't tell." She scoffs.

"Yes, being a good liar to make people feel better will definitely come in handy for you," she says and I raise an eyebrow. She gives me a pointed look. "Luna, Adeline. When you're Luna. Cole explained that right?" I swallowed and nodded.

"Right. That." She smiles.

"Mother of the pack. You'll be wonderful."

"Maggie, no offense, but I don't remember my real mother. And you're my only good mother figure. And I don't see you everyday." She sighs.

"Yes... your mother." I screwed up my face at the way she said it. She looked conflicted and sad.

"Why'd you say it like that?" She looks a little surprised.

"Like what?"

"Like you're uncomfortable. Why are you uncomfortable?"

"You just never really ask about your mom," she says. I shrug and sit down.

"About that. I was actually thinking about that recently. I was wondering..." she sits back down next to me.

"What is it, Adeline?" I let out a breath.

"Do you know anything about the two years where I was with my mom?" She looks down, sighing.