Chapter 25

After a while, I started seeing the lights from camp. Cole still held onto me. We had a pretty quiet walk back after that. But then I realized something.

"I told Taylor that I was going to ask you earlier," I tell him. He looks at me.

"Alright?"

"I'm just saying, Axel saw us leaving. She probably knows why. I don't know what to tell them." I frowned, still resting my head on his shoulder.

"Right. Well, let me handle it." I perk my head up, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. He sighs.

"I just mean, I'll talk to my dad. He was never happy that I was closer with humans than my own pack members. But, he might not mind. Especially seeing as Axel is your brother and will have to find out eventually," he says. "But I don't know about the girls."

"How is me being his sister related to him knowing?"

"Meeting your person in highschool isn't a normal thing for humans. And him being your family means eventually he'll be part of mine," he says. My breath caught in my throat as he said it. He looks at me again. "I'm not proposing, Adeline. But a mate is-"

"No, I get that part. It's just weird to hear, I guess," I say and press my lips together. He studies me for a second then he snaps his head back in the direction of the camp. I knit my brows looking behind me. "What is it?" I ask. He looks around for a second then starts running again. "Cole!" A few steps away from our section, he puts me down, not as gently as before. I stumble slightly and grab his arm to balance myself. He continues looking behind me.

"Go check on everyone." He pulls my phone out of his pocket. I kind of forgot he had that. "Call Aiden."

"What? Why?" He takes a step away from me, back towards the woods. "Cole!" He looks at me and cups my face.

"It's alright. I'll handle it. Tell him what happened, he'll know what to do," he says. I stare at him as he kisses my forehead. I was shocked.

"What happened? You're scaring me," I say. He shakes his head.

"Don't be scared. Just tell him that I smelled something and ran off."

"What aren't you telling me?" I ask. He clenches his jaw.

"I've got to check something now, Addie. I'll explain when I get back. But get them and bring them to the main building." He takes a step away from me, running off quickly. I stare at him as he disappears.

"Cole!" This time he doesn't turn back. He was already gone. I turn towards the tents and see everyone around a fire, and run over to them. Kayla jumps up, seeing me first.

"Oh my God, we were so worried," she says. I clear my face. I was freaked enough, I didn't want to scare them.

"It's fine, I'm fine." Axel stands up, walking over to me, noticing the hoodie, and peeling up the sleeves to inspect my arms. I slap him away. "I said I'm fine, but come on!" I say. They look a little confused but follow me as I start down the trail. I look at my phone, trying to turn it on but it was dead. I look at Axel. "I need to borrow your phone." He scrambles to get it out of his pocket.

"Right, right. Why?" He asks as he unlocks it and hands it to me. They looked scared despite me trying not to appear freaked. My expression was still clear but my frantic grabbing them and bringing them to the main building probably was stressful.

"I need to call Aiden," I say. He looks confused and I open the door. I go into the building.

"What? Why?" Taylor asks. "Addie, what did Cole tell you?" She asks. I wave her off, looking for a seperate room. What I was about to say to Aiden would make absolutely no sense to any of them.