Chapter 7

As I made a right turn at the green light and drove along her block, I remembered that I wasn't even sure if she was home. Taking my eyes off the road for a split second, I reached over to the passenger side and grabbed my cell out of my purse. I held the phone in my right hand and flipped it open with my lips, keeping my other hand firmly on the steering wheel. Pressing the speed dial for Kelly, I hesitated to press the talk button until I finally decided against it. I'm just going to trust that she's home despite not having the confirmation. Besides I wanted my visit to be an unannounced ONE. I wanted her to feel as caught off guard as I was when I answered the phone. A smile crept along my face as I approached her house and spotted her car in the driveway as well as Michelle's parked NEXT to it. After parking my own car behind Michelle's, I sat in the driver's seat and stared at Kelly's front door. 

The anger that I had built up to rage as Lazaro's unexpected phone call kept replaying itself in my mind. How could Kelly give so much of me to a complete stranger? Unbuckling my seat belt I hopped out of the car and made my way towards her front step. Although I had a key to her place my presence needed to be known and acknowledged. I balled up my fist and proceeded to furiously bang on her door which released some of the tension I had stored. I could hear Kelly shouting on the other side that she was coming and I smiled in content. I was glad that got her attention. Usually it took this girl forever and day to answer her door which was one of the primary reasons we all have access to each other's homes. I crossed my arms across my chest as the door swung open. I was greeted with a snarling Kelly.

"What the hell Beyoncé?!!” She asked with bulging eyes. “What you tryna do, break my shit down?!" Kelly yelled obviously pissed as she rubbed the outer part of it in a consoling kind of way.

I rolled my eyes ignoring her question and invited myself right in, breezing past her. I saw Michelle sitting by the kitchen counter sipping something from a brown mug and flipping through a magazine. I entered. She glanced up and I smiled.

"Oh it's just you Bey, I thought you was the police tryna bust in." She joked while turning her attention back to the magazine in her hand.

I smiled warmly at her and shook my head.

"Sorry bout that chelles." I replied.

"Okay first you disrespect my house and then you just gon' waltz yo' high yella ass on in without even answering my question? And what the hell you apologizing to Michelle for? That wasn't her damn door you just tried to knock the fuck over!!" Kelly yelled entering the kitchen soon after I did.

By now Michelle completely lost all interest in the ’10 ways to spice up YOUR bedroom’ article and looked at us with curiosity written all over her face. Turning around to address Ms. Kelly, I crossed my arms and cocked my eyebrow.

"Ummm Kelly? What did you do?" Michelle questioned sounding nervous for her physical being.

Kelly shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly before resting her hands on her hips.

"The hell if I know." She answered with a stone face on, folding her arms as well in preparation for what's to come.

"You gave him my number?!!" I angrily asked, my index finger pressed in my chest.

Kelly's face softened as she flashed a guilty smile. Michelle on the other hand was still sitting there looking lost to the world.

"Him? Whose him?" Michelle asked stopping Kelly from answering my question.

I ignored Michelle's ignorance of the situation and kept my icy glare on Kelly who still had yet to answer. She stood there fiddling with her fingers with the nervousness of a child that did something bad. And who knew an ass whooping was in order. She kept her eyes glued to the floor now realizing why I was furious.