Chapter 31

**Michelle’s POV**

My heart broke when I saw Bey’s expression. She seemed confused but most of all hurt. She was just shaking her head over and over again. I wasn’t sure what was going on in her head. Beyoncé was always thinking. Always. But she sometimes doesn’t say what she’s thinking about. It’s like pulling teeth trying to GET her to say what was on her mind. Which is one of the reasons I just waited until she told me herself. That way I knew she was ready to talk. I didn’t have to pull teeth.

I grabbed my GOLD bangles out of comfort. I was just waiting to see what she would say. Or if she’d say anything.

Why did she have to ask now? We were all just sitting HERE having a laugh at Kelly. Now she’s back to this Beyoncé. The shutdown, closed off Beyoncé. The depressed Beyoncé. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she bit her knuckle. Just when it felt like she was getting better, she goes and asks me this. I always dreaded this. Since that day, I hoped this moment would never come. The way she reacted at the hospital when she heard the bad news, I didn’t think she could handle it. I mean, she tried to kill herself from just the thought of his death. And I’m pretty sure she would have tried again when she found out how.

She looked like she was finally out of her thoughts. “What happened?” She repeated.

Her voice was so small. Her eyes glistened. It was all teary and sad. It made me want to run. I couldn’t face them. I looked over to Kelly. She had the same surprised look on her face for the past couple of minutes. I never told her either. She shrugged and covered her mouth. I knew she had no idea what to do either. I sighed. I had nowhere to run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were all sitting in the waiting room. Waiting. Forever! Lord, Beyoncé better be glad I love her because it’s been a helluva week. I was sitting NEXT to Solange and she was still filling Kelly in about their other friends that I didn’t know. Apparently some girl named Letoya or Lataysia or whatever is working at Jack-in-the-box in their hometown. I must say, they had some ghetto ass, country “friends” with names like that. I shook my head and chuckled. Well Kelly’s name is Kelendria… and she is ghetto. I guess it’s a southern thing. I had stopped reading the four month old magazine to tune in.

“And heffa had nerve to have attitude when I told ha’ not to fuc-“ Solange paused to correct herself when Ms. Tina shot her a look. “I mean mess up my order. Like girl… it ain’t my fault you flipping fries to GET by.”

Kelly had a hardy laugh. I had to laugh too.

“Whoooo girl, a mess.” Kelly said while wiping her eyes. “Poor dem. It’s crazy how some folks turn out. Thank god I left the south.”

“That probably woulda been you if you stayed down there girl.” I teased.

Kelly grilled me. “Girl shut up. I don’t know why you keep comin’ for the south like ya ass ain’t country.”