Chapter 13

I paced around in my room with my knuckles between my teeth. God why was I always so damn nervous whenever he said he was coming? Fresh from hanging up with Shawn, he told me that he would be over in an hour to pick me up so we can go on our second "first date." I kept telling him that the first one still counted. He ignored me.

Now here I was worrying about what the hell to wear. Shawn wouldn't tell me where we were going. Wouldn't even give a little hint. So I had no idea how to prepare. I was never a real fan of surprises, but of course Shawn loved them. He claimed it made life more fun. I stopped circling for a second feeling dizzy and disoriented. I hadn't really been keeping mental track of my location and suddenly felt thrown off. Standing still, I held out my arms, taking cautious steps. I was trying to find a starting point. A wall met the palm of my hands and I slide them up and down the wall searching for some cue. My hand ran over a light switch. That was all the indication I needed. There was only one light switch in my room. And it was right by the door that led to my bathroom; which meant directly behind me was the right-facing side of my bed. What I wanted was on the left side. I pivoted on my feet and walked up to the bed, feeling out so that I wouldn't bang my shins. Crawling across my bed and reached over to where the nightstand was and hit the button my alarm clock to listen to the time.

5:42pm

I plopped back against the mattress. Where hell was Kelly and Michelle? I called them about 15 minutes ago. This time around I didn't hesitant to call them to pick out my outfit. When you say the devil's name, he appears. As I mentally scolded them I heard my front door opening. I sighed in relief but remained in my current position: legs tucked behind me, flat on my back.

"What kind of sick sex position is that?" Kelly asked barging into my room.

I shook my head and laughed. "I'm stuck."

Instead of helping me out, they both saw it best fit to laugh at me and toss objects at me. I crossed my arms over my head for protection while chuckling.

"Will y'all heffas help me up and get me dressed?" I commanded more than asked.

I raised my arms when they seized fire and they each gripped one of my hands with both of theirs. They tugged me and my feet slipped out from underneath me. I was now lying normally.

"The hell was you doin'?" Kelly questioned.

I shrugged. "Waiting for you."

She sucked her teeth. "Hmmph, we shouldn't even help ya ass cuz ya still ain't tell us about the first date."

"Mmmhmmm." Michelle chimed in.

I sat up right and turned around to face their direction. I poked out my bottom lip and apologized. "Sowie."

"Ughh, girl you are too damn grown for that!" Kelly replied actin annoyed.

"Lemme 'lone kells." I got off the bed, standing to my feet and stretched out my arms and legs-- creating a human 'X.' "Now dress me!" I said excitedly.

They both laughed at me and one of them tugged me back down to sit.

"Well where are y'all goin'?" Michelle asked playing with my curls.

I shook my head. "He wouldn't tell me. That's why y'all gotta help me. What the heck do you wear to a place you don't know yet?" I giggled at my dilemma.

"Well..." Kelly began.

I felt the bed rise; she must've gotten up to go inspect my closet.

"Well you can never go wrong with a little black dress." She finished.

"True that." Michelle agreed.

I nodded. That sounded good enough to me. Within the next 45 minutes, I was dressed in long sleeved black mini dress with a peep hole in the bust, my makeup was applied. I told Kelly to keep it minimal. My hair was pressed bone straight. I wore a simple pair of gold, tear drop earrings. To past the time, I caught them up on things with Shawn since they claimed I didn't tell them anything.