Wedding

"Come on!"

I yelled. I tugged on his arm and dragged him to my room. I told my mother that I would spend the rest of the day in my room with Darryl.

She hesitantly agreed as she realized that the guest were slowly leaving the castle.

"Ok! Ok! Calm down love!"

His words made me blush. He liked calling me love, and I'm not against it. To be honest, I actually love it.

It's just so new to me, that I always get flustered.

I turned the corner and stopped infont of a huge door.

"Come on Darryl! You can't show up as my king looking like that!"

I exclaimed. What he wore was fine, but there were spots that were wet from the ceying session we had with mother a few minutes ago.

"Ok, ok. Lead the way."

Daeryl laughed. I opened the door to my room and stood there looking at it.

My eyes gazed over the room and I felt like crying again.

So many memories...

I thought to myself. I shook them away and lead Darryl to a closet filled with clothes.

I opened the closet and the smell of oak hit my nostrils. I rummaged around and found clothes that were to big for me to use.

"Here, try these on."

Darryl took the clothes and entered a seperate room. I sat on my bed while I waited for Darryl to come out.

My eyes flashed around, reminiscing the old memories I had with my father.

A single tear fell from my eye as I remembered the good times when my father was still here. Caring, loving and   over all, a great king.

The other door clicked open and Darryl stepped out. He looked fresh, like he just came out from a warm bath.

"Had a nice bath?"

I giggled. I saw how he scrunched up his face. He knows when I tease him. My giggles turned into laughter when I saw how annoyed he looked.

"No, seriously tho. You look great Darryl."

I said once my laughter died down. Darryl huffed and tackled me. He nuzzled his head on the crook of my neck and I felt him relax.

I stroked his hair softly and he hummed in satisfaction.

"I'm really lucky to have you Darryl."

I wisphered. It's true. So much good things have happened when I met Darryl. But of course, everything comes with a price.

My father died and I had to leave him so I could rule the kingdom. But fate has it's ways and I suddenly end back with him.

"Were both lucky then."

He said. His voice held nothing but pure affection and it made my heart flutter.

We layed in bed until we heard a knock. Darryl raised his head and stared at the door.

I groaned when he got off of me and I sat up. His embrace still lingered and I forced myself not to pull him down and just snuggle up to him again.

Who in thier right mind would interup us?

I got up and opened the door. George stood there (it's Spifey, God this is getting confusing.) He held a sword in one hand and a letter in the other.

"Someone sent this. It was adressed to your father so I decided to give it to you."

He handed me the letter. He gave a swift bow then walked away. I stared at the spot where George once stood before looking at the letter.

I closed the door and walked towards the bed, not taking my eyes off of the letter.

"Zak?"

I heard a concerned call from Darryl. I looked at him and gave him a reassuring smile. I sucked in a breathe and opened the letter.

I read it thoroughly before releasing it from shock and fear.

Darryl looked at me then picked up the letter.

To his Majesty:

My king wanted to remind you about the wedding of your son, Prince Zak, and his daughter.

We were informed that the prince has ran away and still hasn't been found.

We do apologize for this, but if he is found, please send a letter to us in regards of the wedding.

The king waits for your response, as do the princess.

We look forward to the wedding so that our kingdom can finally come together as one.

05/09/2020

I saw Darryl's eyes widened. Not only was the letter written three months ago, it was torn in some parts and it was splattered in blood, soaking the letter with it's red and thick consistency.

Tears pricked my eyes. As I cradled myself.

Why is there blood? Why was it only sent now?

"Zak, calm down. Please. Hey, look at me..."

Darryl placed his hand on my cheek and guided my head so that I was looking at him.

His face was pale and his eyes held fear, but his voice was laced with determination and compassion.

"Calm down Zak. If anything happens, I wont let anything bad happen to you. I'll be here. I promise."

My eyes watered as I crawled my way towards him. I buried my head in his chest as I tried calming down.

Darryl rubbed circles on my back, trying his best to soothe my shaking body.

I finally relaxed after a few minutes of shaking. I looked up at him to see his concerned expression.

I let out an airy chuckle which he responded with a frown and a confused hum.

"Today has been an emotional one huh?"

I giggled. My mood lifting up slightly. Darryl tilted his head before realization hitting him like an axe to the face.

He started laughing along as his grip around me tightened.

"Yea, I guess it has been."

I snuggled closer to him. And rested my head on his chest.

Today has been a wreck! But I'm glad he's here...

I thought as I slowly drifted to sleep, snuggled up in the arms of my lover.

(I thought I published this... Oh fuck. Anyways, erm, hope you enjoy. And I'm wondering, have you guys listened to Dream's new song? It's called 'Roadtrip' and it's amazing!)