Festival

"Are you sure everything is ready? I don't want things to go wrong once the festival starts tomorrow."

I asked in a worried tone. My mom laughed at me before replying, a small laugh lacing her words.

"Yes Zak, everything is ready. I checked, and double checked, everything looks the way it should be."

The weight on my shoulder was lifted, before I remembered something that weighed even more.

"Where is Nick?"

I panicked. My mother opened her mouth, but was cut off by a loud bang that came from the kitchen.

My heart raced as I rushed to the kitchen. When I got there, I saw Nick holding a knife and a pan his eyes were wide as he stared at the mess, I presume, he made.

He looked at me, a nervous smile graced his lips as he tried to hide the pile of pots and pans covered in flour.

"Heeeeeeyyyy, Zak! How are ya?"

He awkwardly greeted. I pinched the bridge of my nose, before looking back to my mom.

"Mom, can you please ask Darryl to help you with the festival? I gotta help this idiot."

I pleaded. My mom laughed. Nodding her head as she went to go find Darryl.

"And you want Karl's hand in marriage."

I said sarcastically. Nick groaned in annoyance, making me laugh.

"Oh come on! How was I supposed to know that the flour bag was that heavy?"

Nick complained, placing down the knife and pan he held. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity, as he tried to shake off the flour that stuck to his clothes.

I asked nick to grab a broom, he nodded and dashed out of the kitchen. I crouched down and picked up the pots and pans that scattered the flour covered floor.

I placed the pans in the sink and turned on the faucet to rinse off the flour that covered each individual pot and pan.

Nick came back with two brooms, one in each hand. I took one, and we started to sweep the floor.

"Why are you even in the kitchen?"

I asked Nick with a humorous tone. Nick let out an annoyed groan making me laugh.

"I was trying to cook something to prove to Karl that I can make a decent meal."

He explained. I stared at him wide eyed before bursting out laughing.

"Hey! It's not even funny."

Nick argued with me. I clutched my stomach as I tried not dying from laughing to much.

"Y-your jo-joking r-ri-right?"

I asked in between laughs and gasps of air. My question only earning another annoyed groan from Nick.

I doubled over laughing when I saw the red tint of embarrassment that started to spread all though his face.

Once my laughter died down, me and Nick continued cleaning the mess he made.

After everything, I thought Nick how to cook a few simple dishes to 'try' and impress Karl.

Me and Nick parted ways, he went out to find Karl, while I went to find Darryl.

I went out into the kingdom and there I saw sreamers, banners, balloons, empty food stands, and many smiling faces.

People smiled and waved at me left and right, both from my kingdom and Nick's kingdom. I smiled and waved back before continuing my way to find Darryl.

I walked around until I spotted Darryl being bombarded by smiling and giggling kids.

My heart swelled when I saw how Darryl interacted with the small kids. His wide small never leaving his face as he high fived each and every single kid.

I approached the smiling bundles of joy. When the little kids saw me, they started jumping in excitement.

"King Zak! Look Brother Darryl, it's King Zak!"

One small kid announced. Darryl turned around, his smile only getting wider, if it was even possible.

He maneuvered his way around the smaller bodies of the little kids, before wrapping his arms around me, and engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Hello Zak! Did you see that kingdom? The preparations are going along great!"

He cheered. I nodded my head 'yes' as he dragged me to the kids that were staring at us in confusion.

Darryl introduced me to every little kid, both Darryl and the kid's excitement growing with every passing second.

While meeting the kids, I noticed a little girl sitting on the front porch of the orphanage. She looked sad, and scared.

I caught her eyes and I saw her piercing green gaze. her eyes were almost like Darryl's eyes, and her jet black hair resembled mine.

Her eyes widened and she looked away. My heart sank when I saw a glint of pain in her green eyes.

After Darryl introduced me to the kids, he dragged me to where Mother Ivy stayed, introducing me to her as well.

"You chose a very good lover my king. Darryl is a very kind and sweet person."

My face, along with Darryl's face, flushed deep red. I laughed and nodded before talking about something else.

"Mother Ivy, can I ask you something?"

Mother Ivy looked at me in confusion before nodding her head. I breathed in, before asking her about the small girl with green eyes and black hair.

"Ah, you mean Zoe. Well, Zoe is a very broken girl. Her parents sold her and her brother to some very bad people. Fortunately, the guards rescued her before something terrible happened. Tho I can't say the same about her brother..."

Mother Ivy continued on with Zoe's story, making my heart shatter. Me and Darryl bid our goodbyes and left.

After that heart warming meet and greet with the kids and Mother Ivy, me and Darryl found ourselves in the field where it all started.

Me and Darryl reminisced about the small events that happened throughout the time we spent together before we turned ourselves to rule the kingdom.

We walked around the kingdom until we ended up at the very edge of our kingdom.

"Hey Darryl?"

Darryl was hugging me from behind as we watched the sun set over the mountains.

I called out. Darryl turned to me before replying with a small 'huh'.

"Have you ever thought about our marriage?"

I asked, my face dusted with a bright red color. I looked over at Darryl and saw how flushed his face was.

"I mean, yeah, I have. I'm just waiting for you to be ready."

I nodded my head. I stared at the setting sun before speaking once more.

"I think it's finally time."

I said. Darryl hugged me tighter, as he whispered softly into my ear.

"Whatever makes you happy love. I don't want to rush you."

I turned around and hugged him back, I placed a soft kiss on his lips before pulling away, smiling.

"I'm ready Darryl."

He nodded as we continued watching the sunset.

Our wedding... 

I thought. I smiled to myself, thinking about the things that might happen at our wedding.

I'm ready...

(Hi... so, as you can see, I decided to continue the book. Chapters will come in slower than the usual, but I will keep on making them. Thank you so much for reading and staying with me. Special thank to the people that supported me through thick and thin, I really appreciate the help. Anyways, thank you all for reading, enjoy!)