Stay

(Still Karl's pov)

A few days have passed since my talk with the queen. I woke up to soft rays of the sun. My room was dimly lit, as the curtains blocked most of the window. 

I got up and with a quick stretch and a loud groan, walked towards the window. I gently pulled the curtains apart, revealing the morning atmosphere.

I saw people walking around, greeting eachother with bright smiles that could blind you if it got any brighter.

Children running around, birds flying, and prince Nick yelling at the former queen and Zak.

Wait...

I looked again, and there it was. The sight of the man I didn't want to see. I stepped away from the window, making sure I wasn't seen.

I quickly pulled the curtains together, shutting them so that I wint be seen. I ran to the door and placed a chair to prevent them from entering.

I know for a fact he wont leave until he gets what he wants. Or in this case, he gets what he needs.

I thought bitterly. Just then, a soft knocking interrupted me. After that, a loud banging was heard.

"Karl, I know your in there! Please, just let me explain!"

The desperate cry of Nick rang in my ears. I shut my eyes and covered my ears. I didn't want to listen. Shouts of protest sounded outside the door, then an arguement broke out.

I whimpered, wishing everything would just go away. My mind swirled with thoughts, then, I felt something wet come down my face.

I stared at nothing, shocked. I raised my hand, shaking as I touched my face.

Tears...

Just when I thought I had run out of tears, more came rolling down. Everything stopped, and I felt nothing.

The world resumed, but the feeling of nothingness lingered. I clenched my heart, trying to find any emotion, I found none.

Then, I saw the doorknob move, then shake violently as if someone was trying to force their way into the room.

"Karl! Please! Opened the door! I'm not leaving without talking to you."

The stern, yet desperate voice of Nick loomed from outside. I stood up, wanting nothing to do with him, but I knew I had to face him if I want him to leave me alone.

I walked towards the door, gently moving the chair aside, before carefully opening the door.

There, with tears endlessly falling down their face, stood Nick. His eyes were red, and looked like he hadn't slept in days.

He stared at me, his eyes holding regret and happiness. If he had looked like this a few weeks earlier, I'm sure my heart would have shattered, but I felt empty.

The way he looked at me now sparked nothing. The way his eyes seemed to shine when I walk through the doors meant nothing to me now.

I cleared my throat before speaking in a dead sounding voice.

"Leave."

One word. One word was all it took to send Nick's world crashing down. I saw the hope in his eyes vanish, and I could hear his heart shatter.

I wanted to feel sympathy. I wanted to feel guilt, or regret. Anything, but nothing.

Nick opened his mouth but I slammed the door shut before any words left his mouth. I stared at the closed door, as I listened to the heart breaking sobs on the other side.

I sighed, and walked back over to the bed. I sat down, before letting tears fall freely down my face.

By the time any of my feelings and emotions came back, Nick already left, and the sun was already setting.

I had spent another day crying my heart out. I stared blankly at the food Zak had given me hours ago.

I didn't have the appetite to eat and just left the food to get cold. My body felt weak, as I laid on the floor, not bothering to get up and move to the bed.

A puddle of tears formed as tears kept falling out of my control. In my hand held a small, fabric flower, the one Nick had given me the day I agreed to go with him to his kingdom.

Nothing will ever be the same...

I thought bitterly. Two options swirled in my head. Both has it's ups and downs, but one in particular seemed better than the other.

The options: go back to Nick and live woth him, knowing that he loves another. Or, stay here, in my birth kingdom, and never speak to Nick again.

I weakly sat myself up. Clutching the fabric flower Nick had given me.

(Quick flashback)

"Are you sure? You know it's gonna be hard going back n' fort between kingdoms."

Nick said. Happy, but uncertain with my decision. I nodded my head, I've thought about it. Sleepless nights and restless days, trying to decide.

And after days of trying to decide, I had made my mind.

"I'm sure of it Nick."

I said confidently. Nick looked ecstatic, vibrating with joy. He launched himself at me, giving me a hug that could crush my bones if it got any tighter.

He pulled away, and stuck a hand in one of his pockets. He pulled his hand out, and as he did, I saw a beautiful knitted flower.

He handed the flower to me and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"This is a symbol of my love. The day it wilts, is the day I'll stop loving you."

(And back to the present)

Some symbol of love this turned out to be.

I thought, my blood boiling with anger and sadness. I stood up and stomped towards the door. I made my way ot of the castle and walked around to find a place not to far from the castle.

I found a dessert looking field. No grass, no trees, no signs of anything that could catch fire. I looked around for anything I could light a fire with, and found a few dead branches a few steps away.

I took them and placed them in a pile. I lit the fire and watched it a bit, before pulling the fabric flower out of my pocket.

I stared at the flower, hugging it one last time, before throwing it in the fire. I watched as the fire ate the fabric flower, engulfing it in it's bright, yellow, red, and orange flames.

I clutched my heart, and vowed to never fall inlove again.

"If this is what it means to love, then I don't think loving suits me that much."

I spoke sternly. With one last look at the dying flames, I turned around stalked away. I felt the heat from the fire slowly start to fade.

With every step I felt heat of the fire grow dim, until all I could feel was the numbing cold of the night.

I wraped my arms around my shoulders, shuddering as the cold hit my skin. I thought for a second, before huffing, and sprinting back to the castle.

Never again.

I told myself.

I will never let anyone take my heart with them, again!

(Oya! Here are the two chapters I promised! Adventure will have a chapter, very soon. Have a nice day! Bye!)