Official

I looked over at Darryl, my face lighting up with excitement. My gaze shifted and landed on Zoe who was mirroring the same excitement I had.

Zoe looked over at me and gave me a toothy grin before bouncing up and down on her chair. I laughed at her, reached over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder to make her stop.

She continued bouncing, but suddenly halted when Darryl looked over at us with pure joy and showing us the signed paper.

Zoe giggled with happiness, color filling her once dull and pale face. She got out of her chair and jumped in Darryl, giving him a tight squeeze.

I felt my heart melt at the most charming sight. Darryl laughed and wrapped his own arms around Zoe's smaller frame.

Giggles were heard before quiet sobs left Zoe's mouth. I looked at her in concern, slowly putting a hand on her cheek and turning her face towards me.

Zoe looked at me, a smile never leaving her face, but tears continued to fall down her face. 

"Zoe? What's wrong sweetie?"

I asked. Darryl looked at me, seemingly knowing why Zoe suddenly cried. Darryl repositioned Zoe so he can cradle her in his arms.

Zoe's cries faded away and was replaced by soft snores. I looked at Darryl with a confused gaze, which he returned with a soft chuckle.

"Zak, I love you but sometimes you can be an airhead. Zoe was crying tears of joy..."

I stopped for a minute to process what Darryl just said. And when I did, I realized how stupid I must've looked.

I felt my face heat up, but I couldn't care less. I looked at Zoe and saw here sleeping peacefully in Darryl's arms.

I reached out to her and placed a hand on her head, gently stroking it.

"Well, this means that..."

I trailed off, feeling my own tears form at the corner of my eyes. Darryl nodded and I finally let the tears fall down.

"Oh my-"

I cut myself off with a loud sob. Darryl wrapped his other arms around me, gently rubbing my shoulder.

"Zoe is now officially our daughter..."

(Hi, sorry for not posting. As you know, things- happened -and I kinda lost motivation midway through the chapter, as you can clearly see, this one is much shorter. It's because this is a bridged to the upcoming chapters. Don't worry, those will be longer than this one. Just wanted clarify. We good? Great! I'll see you guys on the next chapters. This book is finally coming to an end, and I hope you enjoyed the journey, I know I did. AJ out!)