I do, or don't

Everything was set. The Altar was beautiful, and everyone was ready for Zak and Darryl to get wed. But of course, something went wrong.

Something always goes wrong. Let's step back a bit, shall we?

A few weeks ago, Darryl proposed to Zak in a very romantic way. Zak, being so inlove with Darryl obviously said yes.

The kingdom went crazy over the announcement that their kings were to be wed right before their eyes.

Everyone was running around trying to get everything prepared. Darryl and Zak bombarded with congratulations and questions about the wedding.

But as the sun sets over the mountains, everything was silent. And Zak and Darryl finally had time together. 

Just them, no one else. That is, until Zoe butts in. But as parents, they loved Zoe, even if she ruined Zak and Darryl's time with silence.

Days passed, Zak asked Zelk and Vurb to make the wedding cake. And eager to help their friends and exited to see their friends finally bind their love with rings, agreed.

News of the wedding spread like wildfire, and soon, the news arrived to the rulers of different kingdoms, congratulating the first kingdom to be ruled by two kings for over a century.

Invitations were sent, and everything was ready. And as time slowly crept, the day of the wedding finally arrived.

People were pouring in, food was brought out, and everyone was eager to see their kings come together and get wed.

Zak stood in his and Darryl's shared room, staring at the people get together at the altar. His excitement and happiness blinded the servant that helped him into his tux.

(Go with it, I tried looking for the traditional royal wedding clothes but couldn't find anything.)

"Zak, stop smiling like Darryl proposed to you all over again. Nikki is already having a hard time, she doesn't need you smiling like the sun every morning."

A stern yet playful voice lectured Zak. Zak turned around and saw his mother with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Queen Amara, former ruler of the kingdom and Zak's mother. Zak looked at her, his eyes softening as he watched his mother tear up.

Zak was Queen Amara's only son. And shortly before Zak was crowned king, King Arnold died of an disease with no current cure.

Once Nikki was finished, Zak signaled for her to spend time with her friend, Cara. Smiling, Nikki bowed her head and left the room silently.

Approaching his mother wearing his white suit, Zak smiled lovingly at Queen Amara. With a proud gaze, Queen Amara bowed to her son and guided him to the altar.

Nearing the altar, people's happy chatter could be heard. Zak's heart started racing as his gaze landed on Darryl wearing a black suit, standing at the end of the aisle.

As Zak and Queen Amara were seen, everyone went silent. Zoe, who was wearing a white dress sprinkled flower down the aisle as she goes. 

(BARE WITH ME, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITTING A WEDDING, AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANYTHING WORKS)

Holding out her hand, Queen Amara was given the chance that her husband missed out on. Walking his son down the aisle.

Eyes stared in awe as Zak gracefully walks towards Darryl. With a bright smile and love filled heart, Zak stood in front of Darryl.

Queen Amara bowed to Darryl, and allowed him to take her son's hand. Hand in hand, Zak and Darryl spoke their vows, and the ring bearer who happened to Michael, approached with rings that will seal their love.

They each placed the rings in each others hand, finally able to be announced as a wedded couple. 

The final thing was needed. A kiss that will bind both of them together. As the gap between their lips closed, both of them dreamed about their life after their happily ever after.

But of course, not everything goes to plan.

A blood curdling scream pierced everyone's' ears as three people, all with bloodied knives crashed the wedding.

They wore dark clothing, with masks that covered half their faces, and hoods that sheltered them from the sun.

"Sorry for arriving late. We had to take care of some, now what's the word, nuisance?"

The man with a cold and spine chilling voice spoke up. Zak was trembling, fear written on his face. But something about this man was familiar to him.

And once he took a closer look, he realized that ell three of them were not strangers. Zak had met them before. But when, and where?

As people started to flee the place, a person was caught. A sharp shock released Darryl's lips as he recognized the person who's life was soon to be ended shortly.

"MOTHER IVY!"

And as if Darryl's yell of fear signaled the man that held Mother Ivy, he slit open her throat and killed her.

Mother Ivy's body fell and laid limp on the floor, dead. Darryl stared in disbelief as the person that helped raised him was killed before his eyes.

Shock, fear, anger, and disbelief swirled in Darryl's mind. He tried to yell out, but his body was frozen. His sight started blurring, and his breaths became shallow.

Darryl felt his body give in, and before Zak could do anything, Darryl had already passed out. Running to his husband's side, Zak looked for his mother and saw her carrying Zoe as she backed away from one of the people with a knife.

"Mom, RUN!"

Frantic, Queen Amara ran as fast as she could, with the person in a knife gave chase. The person that stood in the midst of chaos signaled for the other one to follow Queen Amara.

With everyone gone, Zak with an unconscious Darryl was left with one last person. Scared, Zak fumbled backwards with Darryl in his arms.

"Don't fret Zak, I'm not here for you..."

The person raised his arm with the knife in his hand and pointed at something behind Zak. Zak turned around and was shocked at what he saw.

"...I'm here for him."

As Zak chocked back a sob, he wished his eyes were deceiving him, but this time, that wish was not granted.

And with that, the book closes with a sorrowful nightmare. An ending that will be lost for decades to come.

Unless she, who was there, comes up to tell the tale...

(And that concludes Curtsy! MY LONGEST BOOK FINALLY COMES TO IT'S DESERVED END! Or did it? Now, I wanna address the elephant in the room. Yes my writing on the wedding scene sucked, don't bother commenting saying 'oh that's not how a wedding takes place, that's so unrealistic!', piss off, I know it's unrealistic. Get over it. But that's not the elephant. The elephant is book 2. YAY BOOK 2!! Don't get your hopes up, I'm starting that on January. But it will happen, I promise. Now I know some of you might get mad that I ended it in a weird note, but that's  because I needed this to happen if I wanted to start on book 2. Everything will be cleared up, in book 2, so don't worry. I really hope you guys liked this, I worked my butt off to make this happen. Thank you to those that stuck around, I'll see you guys in book 2 then. Bye!)