Chapter 14

Naruto jumped from tree to tree until he got to his makeshift training grounds. Placing the scroll on the floor and rolling it out, he began to read until he found exactly what he was looking for, the 'Flying Thunder Kunai' by the fourth Hokage. He copied everything down into a scroll and then began scanning through the scroll, trying to see if anything else would be of use to him. Soon, he stumbled upon the summoning Jutsu.

     'A summoning Jutsu? What would you summon? Is that like how Ten-Ten stores her Kunai and ninja tools? Well, might as well copy that down too, never know!'  Naruto thought, opening another scroll and copying down everything on the summoning Jutsu. It was brief, and Naruto didn't know if he could do it, but he'd sure as hell try!

     Naruto sat for a moment and thought, for a second, doubt overwhelmed him. What if he couldn't learn it? What if Kurama would be stuck in that place forever! Naruto didn't even know how he would save him since he couldn't even see him, and what would he do when he saw him anyways?

     'Damnit! What's the point in being strong if I don't have a plan to back me up! Even when I see him, what do I do then? I'm sure I won't be strong enough to get him out right then and there. Wait, right then and there?

     No one ever said it had to be right then and there.' Naruto thought before opening his mini scroll on the Flying Thunder Kunai Jutsu. Sure enough, he was right.

     'This is a teleporting Jutsu. If it works when you place the seal, you should be able to teleport to wherever the seal is, and it looks like the seal can't disappear anyways. All I have to do is see Kurama once and place the seal on him! Then I can teleport to him whenever I need to!" Naruto thought, a wide grin set on his face. He had his plan, he just had to see Kurama, and he would be set from there.

     Naruto wrapped the scroll of sealing up again and went to deliver it back to the Hokages office before anyone noticed it's gone.

     He peered through the window, making sure he was in the clear, before putting the scroll back. Just before running out, he saw something on the desk. It was an open file with a man with white hair and red marks under his eyes. Naruto peered into the file, curiosity getting the best of him, and read the notes on the side of the page.

     'Jiraiya, huh? Toad Sannin? So he's known for his summoning Jutsu, that could be useful! Wait, he taught the fourth Hokage? Well, if he taught the fourth Hokage, he has to be strong!

     Alright then, I'll have this Legendary-Salmon-or-whatever-it-is teach me then!' Naruto thought, peering down at the file one more time before running off, not wanting to be caught. But one thing lingered in Naruto's mind, why was the file there? It was almost as if he was meant to find it. Meanwhile, Kakashi stood, looking at the boy runoff. A smirk stuck on his face.

     'Naruto, Jiraiya can teach you more than I can. You will become strong, and you'll take the Hokages seat from right under his nose, don't fail me.' Kakashi thought before jumping in the opposite direction and deciding to get Barbecue. In all honesty, what Naruto was doing was a mystery to him. But he would help Naruto by whatever means necessary. He was his sensei, after all.

     Naruto ran back to his training grounds and got to work on mastering the seal for the Flying Thunder Kunai.

•Time Skip•

     Naruto flopped backward, back hitting the ground, knocking out what little wind he had left in him. He was spent, dirt and grime all over him; his chakra was drained. But he was getting the hang of it. His stomach grumbled, and his eyes felt heavy. Taking a small break seemed like the best idea for him at the moment, so he got up and attempted to dust himself off.