Chapter 7

The second Sasuke heard Naruto was awake; he rushed over. When he walked over to Naruto's Hospital bed, he was met with a Fox laying on his lap. "Oi, dobe." He said, making the blond look over at him and smile his famous smile. Sasuke had to resist the urge to cover his eyes as he felt like he was staring at the sun itself. "Hey, teme! What's up?" He asked, petting the fox's ear.

"I just came to check on you. Don't do something as stupidest that again. Are you alright?" He asked, looking away from him without arms crossed. "Awww, does the Teme care about me?" Naruto teased, almost making Sasuke's emotionless mask fall to pieces. "Hn," was all Sasuke said before Kakashi walked in.

     "Hi, Naruto. You feeling alright?" He asked. I didn't expect Sasuke to be here so quickly. Damnit. He thought, almost missing the loud yes from the young Kyuubi holder. "Sasuke, I need to talk to Naruto for a moment."

     Sasuke nodded and left the room and Kakashi down. "So, Naruto. Do you know why you have Kurama?" Kakashi asked. He didn't expect to see Naruto's eyes darken at the question, but then again, he never expected anything that the boy did. Naruto nodded, the fox slowly getting up and nuzzling the boys' neck.

     "Yeah, I do. I'm the holder of the Kyuubi. The fox that destroyed the village 12 years ago." He said, his voice sounding a bit dull. Kakashi nodded, watching as the fox made a sad whimper as if it was an apology.

     "Good, but that's not what I came here to ask you about." Naruto nodded, telling him to keep going. "On the mission, you saw the way the fo- Kurama, grew. Now, you were able to control him then. But will you be able to control him forever?" Kakashi asked, knowing what Naruto would say.

     The boy nodded, "I can, I'm sure of it. He has a mind and will of his own, but he won't hurt anyone if they don't hurt him. But I can control him; he cares for me, I care for him. As long as that doesn't change, it'll be fine." Naruto said, the fox only glaring at Kakashi.

     "Good, because I'm afraid that if you can't, we will have to take him away," Kakashi said. Naruto's face grew pale, and his eyes held anger and sadness. A growl emitted from the fox and Naruto glared at Kakashi. Then he said something that utterly baffled both Kakashi and Sasuke, who was listening from outside the door. "If you try to take him away from me, I'll leave Konoha, and I won't come back."

     Kakashi was stunned into silence for a minute as he looked at Naruto's icy glare. He nodded and got up, "No one wants to take him away, Naruto. But if we have to, we will," Kakashi said, before going to walk outside of the door. Sasuke sat on the floor, leaning against the wall, acting as if he never heard anything. "I'm aware that you were listening, Sasuke, don't do it again," Kakashi said, although he didn't care if he listened or not.

     Sasuke simply nodded, before going to continue talking to the blond-haired idiot, until he could do nothing but stare in the doorway. He saw the blond boy petting a whimpering Kurama. "I'm fine, boy! I'm only in here so I can heal completely, and then we can go out and play, alright?" He cooed, the fox's tail wagging before he barked a soft bark and starting jumping up and down on Naruto's lap. A beautiful laugh rung through Sasuke's ears as Naruto attempted to pull the fox off of him.

     •A Few Weeks Later•

     Naruto was restless in that hospital. So now that he was finally out was a relief. The first thing we were going to do was grab some barbecue with Choji, Shikamaru, and Kiba. They all met up at the barbecue spot, and immediately Akamaru ran and jumped onto Naruto's leg. While Naruto laughed, Kurama seemed to take it as a threat because he started growling at the small dog.

     Naruto immediately shut down that idea and heals Kurama back by the collar. Kiba grabbed Akamaru and almost fell back in shock. "N-Naruto! Is that Kurama? He's huge!" Kiba said, making Shikamaru and Choji look over too.