Chapter 25

Naruto followed the white-haired man over to the river the two girls had swum in moments before. They sat down, Naruto refusing to say a word to the perverted man in front of him; Jiraiya sighed and looked at him for a moment.

"Okay, so brushing everything up until this point off as a joke, what is it you want me to do again?" He asked; Naruto looked at him with a deadpanned face.

"You're supposed to train me!" He said, rolling his eyes. Jiraiya scoffed at him.

     "I know that idiot. I mean, what do you want me to teach you?" He asked, and Naruto's mouth fell into an 'o' shape.

     "Oh, uh, I didn't think this far ahead. What do you think you should teach me?" He asked, scratching his head. Jiraiya groaned and leaned back on his hands.

     "Idiot kid, okay, let's start with the basics, go walk on that water." He said; Naruto stared at him for a moment.

     "... how do you expect me to do that?!" He asked, taken aback. Jiraiya sighed and hauled him to his feet before pushing him towards the river.

     "Go and balance the chakra on the souls of your feet before stepping onto the water. This shouldn't be too hard." He said, sitting back down. Naruto nodded and began building his chakra; then, he stepped onto the water. He was able to get a few steps before he fell straight into the water. It was as if his chakra had just died out.

Once he emerged, all he heard was the sounds of Jiraiya's gleeful laughter.

"Oh wow! You're horrible at this!" He said, clutching his stomach. Naruto scowled and threw off his soaked clothes, leaving only his underwear on. (It's boxers, alright, relax)

"What?! Aren't you going to tell me what I'm doing wrong?" He said, crossing his arms angrily. Jiraiya wiped a tear from his eye and said,

"Yea, go again, and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong." He said, pointing at the river. Naruto rolled his eyes and went back over, concentrating on his chakra. He tried again and was doing fine until that feeling of all his chakra stopping overtook him again, and he fell. He groaned in frustration while he crawled out.

He looked over at Jiraiya, who also had a puzzled face.

"Well? What am I doing wrong?" He asked, and Jiraiya stayed silent for a moment.

     "I'm not sure. Build your chakra before me; maybe it's your form." He said, staring at Naruto intently. He walked over and stood in front of Jiraiya, getting ready to build his chakra again. He concentrated and felt the chakra begin to build when suddenly-

     "Hey, you're pretty handsome for your age," Jiraiya said, and Naruto's face flushed.

     "This stuff takes concentration, alright?! Shut up, will you!" He barked and built his chakra back up.

     "Hey, this seal, are you aware of it?" He said, brushing Naruto's stomach. Naruto jerked away at the sudden touch and glared down at Jiraiya.

     "I am; I'm fully aware I'm a jinchuriki. I don't need someone else to rub it in my face." Naruto barked defensively. Jiraiya put his hands up in surrender.

     "Hey, I was just wondering since it seems only to reveal itself when you use your chakra. Do you think that's what's making it hard to control your chakra?" He asked, and Naruto shrugged.

     "I don't think so since the whole purpose of the eight trigrams seal is so his chakra can flow with mine." He said, staring down at his stomach. Jiraiya's eyes widened for a moment.

     "You seem to know your stuff, huh?" He said, sitting up a bit straighter. Naruto nodded, a guarded look in his eyes.

     "Then, has anything odd happened with the seal or the Biju? Anything that stands out?" He asked, and Naruto pondered for a moment before peeking up.

     "I mean, this time, he got super big and powerful! But I don't remember it too well," Naruto said, using his hands to try and show how big Kurama had gotten. Jiraiya brightened at this.

     "Almost like a different chakra, right? Like a surge of power within you, right?" He asked, and Naruto blinked.

     "Within me? I just told you it was Kurama that got big and powerful, not me." He said, sitting down. Jiraiya just looked puzzled once more.

     "But, didn't that chakra come from sitting your seal? You're speaking as if the nine-tails is its own being." He said, confused. Naruto looked just as confused as him.

     "He is his own being. He follows me around all the time; he's pretty much my pet! Just absolutely enormous, almost as big as me. He's back at my apartment now." He said as if it was common knowledge. Jiraiya sputtered for a moment.

     "Do you mean to tell me your Biju has a physical form and follows you around?" He asked, bewildered. Naruto nodded, a tiny grin plastered on his face.

     "Yup! Do you want to meet him? I can grab him quick!" He said, hands on his hips. Jiraiya sat for a moment before nodding. Naruto grinned wider and clasped his hands together, focusing on feeling his seals' energy. He felt himself get sucked in, and just like that, he was in his apartment next to Kurama, who now sat upright, alarmed.

"Yo, I have someone who I want you to meet! C'mon!" He said, grabbing onto Kurama by his fur. The fox didn't get a second to react before they were next to Jiraiya once more. The white-haired man stumbled back in shock at their sudden appearance before staring at the fox Naruto had in his grasp.

"N-No way, how is this? How did the Nine-tails form here like this?" He muttered to himself. Naruto looked at him, confused.

"Don't all jinchuriki have their biju follow them around?" He asked, petting Kurama's head. Jiraiya shook his head, staring at Kurama with wide eyes.

"This is unusual, so you're saying that when you are in danger, that fox is what channels the nine-tails chakra?" He asks, and Naruto nods again, sitting down across from him. Jiraiya looks at him for a moment as if pondering his words.

"This is probably what's affecting your chakra flow. The nine-tails is a figment of chakra, but solidifying is an option. But to be able to do that through the eight-trigrams seal is astounding. Do you think you can absorb him?" Jiraiya asked. At the idea of it, Kurama started to growl at him before Naruto began to protest.

"No way. He's my best friend! I can't!" He said, putting an arm on Kurama, ready to flee, but Kurama just stepped forward and sat tall. Jiraiya seemed to take it well as he clasped his hands together and looked at the fox.

     "Okay, I think he's up for it, maybe? Well, how about you try it, and when we're done, you can put him right back out!" He said, sitting down in front of Naruto and watching the boy fidget where he stood.

     "I mean, alright, I guess? But like, how do I absorb him?" Naruto asked, and Jiraiya just shrugged.

     "Figure it out, kid, just give it a shot," Jiraiya answered, staring at the kid and then the fox. Naruto shot him a deadpanned look and huffed, shifting his gaze to Kurama.

"Alright then, let's give this a shot,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just realized that I never posted this! I'm so so sorry; this chapter was meant to be uploaded over a month ago! I hope you liked the chapter, and I love you all ❤️❤️