Chapter 20

Naruto woke up with a headache and in an unfamiliar bed. He jolted up until he finally remembered where he was. Pain filled his chest as he remembered whose bed he was in. Tears fell down his face, but he was silent. But, he always was; no matter what he went through, he made sure no one knew.

      What happened to that? Now, he was like an open book. But he didn't care. His support, his shoulder to lean on, had been taken away from him. He had just found out who his parents were and who his enemies were. And he was surrounded by them.

He pushed himself off of the bed and walked over to the door. He slipped on his shoes and walked over to his house. The sun was still rising; it was annoyingly early.

'I guess It's a good thing that it's still early. I can go back home, and no one will realize I was ever over here." Naruto thought, walking over to his house. He stepped into the dingy apartment, slipping off his shoes and throwing his pj's on. Today, he decided, he could sleep in. He plopped onto the bed, and soon, sleep took over his body.

     Naruto woke up to soft thumps on the door. Opening his eyes, he slumped over to the door, still drained from yesterday... 'activities.' Looking out of the window; he saw that the sun was just about to set. Opening the door, he saw Sasuke on the other side, with a small box in his hand. A bento box, to be exact.

     "Huh? Sasuke, what's up?" Naruto asked, his voice raspy from just waking up. Sasuke looked away, pushing the box into his hands.

     "Food. You haven't come out of your house at all today. I thought you might be hungry." He said, his ears turning pink. Naruto stared at the bento box in his hands, his heart pumping and his face feeling hot.

     "Thanks, teme." He said, voice barely a whisper and a soft smile on his face. The memories of the day before flooded his mind, his vision started to blur a bit. He felt himself get pulled into a hug.

     "I'm sorry, you don't deserve this," Sasuke whispered, holding onto Naruto tighter. Naruto's breath hitched. His knees began to buckle, and uncontrollable sobs racked his body. He didn't realize how much he needed a hug. He clenched the back of Sasukes shirt with his free hand, burying his face into Sasukes neck.

     Sasuke began to walk into the apartment, still encasing Naruto in his arms. He slipped off his shoes, and the two sat on the couch, putting the food on the table.

     "You don't have to tell me what happened; you don't need to tell me who your parents are or what happened in that office the rest of that night. I'm going to be here, either way, idiot. Stop trying to be strong all the time, and fake smiles don't suit you," he said, beginning to rub Naruto's back and his face slowly growing pinker. Naruto hiccuped, hitting Sasuke back hard.

     "Stop making me cry more! This is embarrassing as is!" He said, voice cracking a bit but the playful tone still there. Sasuke chuckled a bit, his face growing even more flushed. Naruto broke the hug, looking at Sasuke, a weird feeling in his chest.

     "I'm hungry, so thank you," Naruto mumbled, going to grab the food, but Sasuke grabbed it first. He opened the lid and grabbed some chopsticks that were on the side of the box.

     "Open up, hurry," Sasuke said, his face going a light pink. Naruto's ears began to burn, but he opened his mouth regardless, feeling a bit of rice get shoved into his mouth.

     The two talked and ate, both trying to ignore the pulsing feeling in their chests and their burning ears.

     'Am I sick? But I'm only like this with Sasuke. Am I... allergic to Sasuke?'