Chapter 12

Now this, this was something that piqued Naruto's interest. He flipped a few more pages until he found more information on the jutsu itself. He wrote it all down on a slip of paper and stuck the paper in the book, marking the page. He grinned and checked out the book, ignoring the glare from the librarian, and walked out. He was on his way home before deciding to stop by the Hokages office to ask about the first hokages jutsu, of which he had little to no information.

     As he was about to open the door, he heard a fist slam on a desk, and a shout could be heard, although he couldn't quite make it out. He pressed his ear to the door, curiosity taking over his being.

"He is a danger to us all! I say we keep him caged up along with that damned fox of his!" One person yelled. Naruto felt his heart sink; he stood staring at the door.

"I understand your reasoning, but you must understand that he is a treasured weapon, and if we can control the Kyuubi, then we can become mighty once again, and we could have an unstoppable military force." The third Hokage replied, his voice calm but irritated. Naruto clenched his fists and stared at the ground.

"I hate to say it, but he's right. The boy is of good use to us. But what I'm wondering is how he's doing without that retched animal." He heard a woman voice say. Naruto bit his lip, anger growing inside him.

"He is doing well, although I can tell it has taken a toll on him emotionally. I'm worried that he'll lose the cool he's desperately been clinging onto; I pray that this passes by quickly." The third said once again.

"Well, he'd better keep himself together. If that thing causes any harm to my wonderful grandchildren, I'll have his head on a spike." The man's voice spoke again.

"Yes, well, we can only hope. The boy is coming along fine; he is still oblivious. As of now, he is only worried about his fox." The Hokage said before the woman interrupted.

"Listen here, Sarutobi, you're lucky that boy is behaving, or else I'd have him chained up like the animal he is. Get him under control." She said. Naruto clenched his fist, his knuckles turning a pale shade of white.

"Yes, I will keep him under control." He said, and he could hear people getting up to leave. Naruto wanted to leave; he wanted to go and run so he wouldn't be seen. But he stood there, waiting for them to open the door. He wanted the third to see him; he wanted the third to know that he had heard him. Anger bubbled up inside him, the door opened, and he heard a small gasp.

He looked up, a stone-cold glare piercing through the two elders in front of him. He watched them walk past him, a scoff coming from the older male. He looked at Sarutobi; he saw the male's eyes go wide.

"Naruto, I-" he started, getting up.

"You, you never really liked me, did you?" Naruto said, trying to hold back tears, his voice breaking.

     "You never cared; you just pretended, right? No one ever liked me, right?" he said, tears threatening to fall. The elder stayed silent, and that was all Naruto needed to continue. Tears fell, and so did he.

     "I thought that maybe you cared. I thought that if someone cared, it was you. That was stupid; I should've known. You never cared. You care about everyone in this village BUT ME! ISN'T THAT RIGHT?!" Naruto screamed, pain evident in his voice.

     The only thing that could be heard were quiet sobs. That was the only answer Naruto needed. Anger and hurt bubbled up inside him, and he felt like he was going to explode. The solution that told him everything about what the Hokage thought of him. Naruto shakily stood up.

     He turned around and began walking out before abruptly stopping.

     "I am not a weapon; I am a boy-" He turned around, facing the Hokage one last time.

     "And I'm going to become Hokage. A Hokage who cares about everyone in this village! When I'm Hokage, I'll protect everyone in this village, and I'm going to be the best one yet, so watch me-" he grinned a determined grin at the man he now deemed no better than scum.

     "Because the second you lose faith in me is the moment you'll lose." He said, turning to face the Hokage one last time, with slit-like pupils, before walking out. The older man stood there, shocked, before sitting down. As long as the boy didn't lash out, he didn't care what he did.

    "He's bluffing, right?"

—————————————————————
Hello! Sorry for the short chapter! I just thought that was the perfect ending for this chapter, so I ended it a lot shorter than usual! Also, I'm so sorry for not updating! Wattpad signed me out of my account and changed my password, so I had to make a new one, and then it deleted my chapter. Anyways that's all and enjoyyy~