Chapter 21

The two walked inside, Sasuke with a bright blush on his face and Naruto with a big grin.

     "Hey Sasuke, I'm hungry. What do you usually eat? Do you have ramen?" Naruto said, going towards Sasukes kitchen. Sasuke stared at him before sighing and walking over to the kitchen too.

"I can make a sandwich, I guess, I also have some snacks in that cupboard, but I have no ramen." He said, making Naruto groan.

"How do you not have ramen?! Now we have to go to Ichiraku's. Well, I'm not complaining. Okay, let's go!" Naruto said, dragging Sasuke towards the door.

"I don't want Ramen! I want good food!" Sasuke yelled, attempting to pull his arm out of Naruto's grasp.

"Oh, shut up and come on," Naruto said, slipping on his shoes. Sasuke sighed, slipping his shoes on as well.

"So, you're paying, right?" Sasuke said, following Naruto down the street. Naruto stared at him in disbelief.

"No way; why would I pay?" He said, crossing his arms over his head.

"What do you mean you're not paying!? I didn't even wanna come here; this was your idea!" Sasuke yelled, yanking Naruto's arm back. Naruto took his arm back.

"I'm not paying because I already gave you something tonight!" Naruto yelled back.

"Oh really? What did you give me?" Sasuke said, arms crossed and looking at Naruto with an accusing glare.

"A stuffed frog, duh," Naruto said, rolling his eyes. Sasukes jaw went slack.

'He can't be serious.' He thought, his blood boiling.

"I never asked you to get me a stuffed frog!
That was all you!" Sasuke yelled, running to catch up to Naruto, who was already walking away.

"I still gave it to you, so you now owe me some ramen. Plus, I didn't bring my wallet anyways," Naruto said, proudly looking at Sasuke. Sasuke wanted to slap him.

"I- You- ughhh I hate you," Sasuke groaned, pulling it his face. Naruto lifted his head proudly as he continued to walk. Once they got to Ichiraku's, Naruto sat down and talked to Ayame while Sasuke sat quietly. Once Ichiraku served their food, Sasuke finally remembered how much Naruto could eat. Gaping as Naruto finished around his third bowl and asked for another one, Sasuke sulked and ate his single bowl in the very little peace he was allowed.

•Time Skip•

Sasuke felt a part of him die as he took the cash out of his wallet and put it on the table. Waving goodbye, he and Naruto started walking in the direction of Naruto's house.

"Why are we walking to your house?" Sasuke asked, staring at Naruto. Naruto shrugged before glancing back at Sasuke.

"I don't know, I was just gonna go home, but you seem to be following me," Naruto said, putting his arms over his head again. Sasuke felt his face flush.

"Wha- I thought we were going to hang out after? You mean to tell me you just used me to pay for your ramen?" Sasuke said, outraged. Naruto looked at him, confused.

"I thought that's what you did on dates, go out, eat, have fun, go home," Naruto said, his head tilted. Sasuke felt his face go red and his ears burned.

"T-That was a date? IDIOT, YOU DON'T TAKE SOMEONE ON A DATE WITHOUT TELLING THEM THAT!" Sasuke yelled, flustered and annoyed. Naruto looked at him and smiled.

      "Well then, we were on a date," Naruto said, staring at Sasuke and smiling.

      "I never would've thought you'd be the flustered one," Naruto said in a teasing tone, making Sasuke want to smack him. But that feeling died when his eyes met Naruto's. There was a warm look in his eyes that he hadn't seen in a long while. Sasuke felt elated, happy that he could, even for just a moment, make Naruto smile a genuine smile again.