Chapter 13

Naruto cried as he stormed back home and slammed his door shut. He ran to his room and flopped on his bed. He wanted to be angry; he wanted to hate the old man, he did. But in reality, he still loved him, and he desperately wanted the old man to care about him once more. Pain swelled in his chest as memories came flooding back.

     A sob escaped his lips, and he curled into a ball. He didn't know whether his emotions were heightened because Kurama left or everything was just baring down on him at once. Sobs escaped his lips until his eyelids became heavy; this had become routine the past three nights. He felt as though without Kurama, all he did was cry or grow angry, and he hated it.

He always has a smile on his face; that's what he's known for. That's Uzumaki Naruto; every part of him wanted to get up; he tried to get up and walk to the training grounds he created. But his body refused, and soon enough, he fell limp on his bed, soft snores being the only sound resonating throughout the room.

•Time Skip•

A soft groan escaped Naruto's mouth as he placed his hand over his eyes to block out the sun. Opening his eyes, he saw a figure sitting at his window, and they weren't Kakashi. Naruto immediately jumped out of his bed, or fell off his bed, and grabbed the closest thing to him, which happened to be a plant that he could barely keep alive. With his eyes still adjusting to the light and being half asleep, he swayed a bit and still had to squint but stayed on guard nonetheless.

     "Who's there?! What do you want, huh?!" Naruto said, plant sitting in his hand, ready to be thrown. His window opened, and a kid around his age jumped in. A kid with black hair, a blue shirt... white shorts,

"Wait, Sasuke? Oi, the hell were you doing, watching me sleep like a weirdo!" Naruto yelled, dropping the plant on the floor in relief. Sasuke rolled his eyes a placed a hand on his hip.

"Kakashi told me to come to get you since you slept in. Of course, you wake up just as I'm about to open the window. Naturally, it would look weird. But that's beside the point; go get ready dumbass!" Sasuke said, his ears a shade of light pink. Sasuke's heart pounded, he had been sent by Kakashi, but he wasn't just about to open the window.

He was sat there for about two-minutes when Naruto woke up. Found himself stunned when seeing Naruto's face; it was the first time in a while that he'd seen him look content. Naturally, he wanted to take it all in, and then the dumb idiot woke up. However, he was so caught up in his thoughts; he hadn't realized Naruto walked out.

     "Oi! C'mon! What're you doing anyways? God, you're so weird!" Naruto said, slapping Sasukes shoulder, snapping him out of his trance. Sasuke looked at him and scoffed, saying nothing and proceeding to jump out of the window, waiting for Naruto to follow him.

     The two went to the training grounds and met up with Kakashi and Sakura.

"Ow! Sakura-Chan, I'm sorry! It wasn't my fault; my alarm doesn't work!" He said, rubbing his head and looking at the girl. Sakura sighed before rubbing her neck and leaning to one side.

"Alright, but don't stay up so late, or else you won't wake up early! Don't make us send Sasuke for you again!" She scolded before turning around and huffing. Kakashi had a closed eye smile and chuckled a bit.

"Okay, well, now that Naruto decided to join us, let's go start training." Kakashi said, hearing Naruto's small groan and mutters of 'it wasn't my fault' and 'so mean to me.' Once they got to a clearing in the forest, Kakashi sat against a tree trunk.

•Time Skip•

The training was over, and Naruto was pumping with adrenaline. Although the day was practically over, Naruto was excited to go to his new training site. Walking home, he went to grab extra kunai and his books and notes on the fourth and first Hokage. But he realized something as he was looking at his notes on jutsus. He has little to no information on the one jutsu he wanted to learn the most.

'The flying thunder Kunai, where do I even begin the find stuff on this?' Naruto thought until a thought popped into his mind.

"The sealing scroll! That has a bunch of jutsus!" He said, running towards the hokages office. Suddenly, as the hokages office was in sight, a brutal reminder of what had occurred the night before, but that only filled Naruto with determination; as he peeked his head inside, no one was around, so he hopped in and snatched the scroll.

     He looked back and was reminded that he was never cared for or loved. And he never wants anyone to feel the way he does. Ever.

"That's why I'll become Hokage; someone like him doesn't deserve that seat."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm so so sorry for the late chapter! I'm alright now, thank goodness! Love you all, thanks for your patience ❤️❤️