Chapter 15

"I want you to tell me what you're working on."

     Naruto froze; out of all the things he was expecting, it most definitely was NOT that.

     "I- uh- huh? Y-You- I-It's a personal matter! I can't just let anyone in on it!"

Shikamaru sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. He leaned back, looking over at Naruto with an unamused look.

     "Naruto, think about it. You're obviously struggling. I want you to tell me so I can help you. What did I just say about taking on burdens on your own? It can just be you and me.

     But let's be honest, you aren't the brightest, and clearly, whatever you're doing needs a team of two," Shikamaru said before sitting cris-crossed on the floor. Naruto sat and pondered for a second. If he was honest, Shikamaru was right; he did need help. With a reluctant sigh, Naruto looked at Shikamaru.

     "Fine, but please don't tell anyone; I can't have people finding out about this," he said, looking at Shikamaru intently. Anxiety slowly took over his breathing; the thought of the idea getting out was terrifying.

     'Relax, he's helping you. He's your friend, they all are; he won't tell anyone, Naruto thought to himself, his heart slowing down a bit.

     "Of course, I won't tell anyone; that's what we just agreed on, isn't it? Jeez, you are stupid. Now, what's your plan?" Shikamaru said, sitting up straight.

•After Explaining the plan•

     "You came up with this? All on your own? I'm shocked someone like you could come up with something like this. But there's a few faults, mind if I add some things?" Shikamaru asked, Naruto eagerly nodding in response.

     "Number 1, how do you plan on getting to see Kurama? Do you even know where he's being held? Number 2, just how do you plan to master the Fourth Hokages Jutsu? Remember it's the Fourth Hokage, the best Hokage there ever was, not some ordinary ninja." Shikamaru said, head resting on his palm.

     Naruto froze.

     'Where was Kurama being held? How the hell could he skip over such an important detail!? But as for the Fourth Holages Jutsu, he was already semi getting the hang of it.'

     "You're right; I do need to find out where he's being held. As for the Jutsu, I'm already semi-getting the hang of the seal, and I have an idea as to what the Kunai looks like!" Naruto said, rocking back and fourth while sitting criss-cross on the ground. Shikamaru smirked.

     "It's getting late, go rest and let me think up some ideas at home. We'll talk more about this tomorrow. Oh, and by the way, well, meet here again right after your training with Kakashi and the others." Shikamaru said, standing up. Naruto followed his actions before agreeing to their meet time. Saying their goodbyes, they walked out together and went home for the night.

•Shikamaru's POV•

     'The Fourth Hokage, huh? Naruto, you really are the most unpredictable person I've ever met.'

When Shikamaru got home, he said hello to his mom and dad and ate dinner.

"Hey, mom, do you know anyone with chakra pills? Or any kind of stamina-increasing pills?" Shikamaru asked over dinner. His mother cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"Well, yes, I do know someone who makes stamina pills. But what for?" She asks, Shikamaru's father adding on.

"You know enhancement pills can be very dangerous if not taken with caution." He said sternly.

"I need them for Ino. She said that her mom was looking into them and said that you know someone." He said, praying they would buy it.

"Well, why didn't Ino's mom ask me herself? She knows she's always welcome." Yoshino asked, giving Shikamaru a glare that made him wonder why the hell he roped himself into this.

"Beats me. Ino did say something about helping a friend out on a weird garden week or something. Apparently, her mom and her friends go out and garden for a week for the flower shop. I'm not too sure, but I haven't seen her in the flower shop recently, so that's probably why." Shikamaru said, praising himself for the lie that just came out of his mouth.

"Hmm, alright. She did say something about a gardening week anyways. Fine, I'll give them to you tomorrow morning to give to Ino, alright? I have to go see my friend later anyways." She said before collecting all their finished plates and going to put them in the sink. Shikamaru said his thanks and went to go wash up for bed.

Shikamaru laid staring up at the ceiling.

'The Fourth Hokage. If anyone knows anyone about it, it'd probably be Asuma. But I can't tell; god, what a drag. Where else can I get info? Naruto's already been to the library. Wait, the fourth Hokage had to have a house.

If we go there, we just might be able to find something. The problem is, where is it. Jeez, this is way too much work. Wait, didn't we learn about this in school? The part of the village where the house is in, I've seen it before! But where?

The nine-tailed fox attack ruined it. The buildings that have been ruined are in the North and Northwest of the village. I know that. Maybe I can trick Asuma into taking us? It's probably my best bet, he is pretty stupid, so I'm sure I can figure it out. But that's something for tomorrow me to think about; I'm tired.' Shikamaru thought before rolling over and dozing off.

•Naruto's POV•

He laid on his bed, not knowing what to think. If anyone has a plan, it's Shikamaru. But how would it work? Most importantly,

'How the hell am I going to see Kurama? Or found out where he is, at least. It looks like he's going to have to take another trip to the Hokages office tomorrow,' Naruto thought before a yawn interrupted his train of thought.

'But for right now, I'm tired, plus, I'm going to need rest for tomorrow.

Kurama, I will get you back, and we'll become Hokage together; just watch.