Chapter 9

After about thirty minutes of silent jumping from tree to tree, the three heard a small 'sorry' from behind them. They looked back and saw Naruto staring at the ground sheepishly. Naruto said it a bit louder for the three to hear.

     "S-sorry for being mean. I-I know you didn't mean to stand there. I'm also s-sorry that I exploded like that," Naruto said, refusing to look at them.

     A small smile appeared on Kakashi's lips, and a blush appeared on Sasuke's cheeks.

     "It's okay, Naruto. We should've gone to get him as well. Now let's get going," Kakashi said, gesturing for the four to get going.

     The five continued, Naruto rambling on about everything and nothing. Everyone was put at ease by Naruto's rambling. It was all normal. The five were able to get the box to the hidden mist.

     "ALRIGHT! NOW LET'S GO BACK AND EAT SOME RAMEN!!" Naruto said, acting as though nothing had ever happened. A small grin appeared on Sasuke's lips; he ran passed the boy into the forest and back home.

     "HEY! NO FAIR, SASUKE!" Naruto shouted before running back through the forest, Kurama following along.

     "Eh, Naruto, Sasuke!" Kakashi yelled, but the two were much too far to hear him now. A sigh escaped his lips as he looked at Sakura.

     "Well, you heard them, let's go." He said, and the two hopped along with the trees, following the two boys. Meanwhile, Naruto and Sasuke kept running back and forth, Kurama seeming as if he's glued to his side. But as the two raced, Sasuke's mind raced along with them. 'What happened to Naruto back there? His chakra was insane.

     I knew he had immense chakra, but that- is- what had happened to him?' He thought. He decided not to think about it for now. Naruto was back to normal now, and that's all that mattered to him. Soon enough, the five reached the village; as they walked in, Kakashi led the four to the Hokages office to file the report on the mission.

     While Naruto was walking back home, Kurama following, he felt a tug in his coat, and Kurama started growling.

     "Eh? What's wrong, boy? Is someone here?" Naruto said, his hand instantly reaching for a Kunai. They both stood together until someone jumped out of a tree. Immediately a Shadow-clone came from behind and attempted to kick them in the head until an arm grabbed its leg.

     "Relax, Naruto, it's just me," Kakashi said, and immediately Naruto relaxed and put his Kunai away, and Kurama stopped growling. "I'm here the escort you to the Hokages office; he wanted to talk to you," he said, a sad look in his eyes. A glow appeared in Naruto's eyes as he went. But soon, he realized that they were walking into a forest instead of going to the Hokages office.

     "Kakashi-" Naruto started before Kakashi cut him off.

     "The Hokage is waiting for you here," he said, continuing to walk.

     Naruto nodded, but Kurama grew suspicious. Once they got to the center of the forest, Naruto saw the Hokage and started running towards him, Kurama following him. Kakashi followed his orders and went back to the village, while Naruto sat in front of the Hokage.

      "Naruto, so in the report of the mission, I heard that you had a little outburst about your fox," the Hokage said, looking at the young boy. Naruto's face flushed, and a guilty look took over his face, causing Kurama to lay his head on his lap.

     "Uh, I'm sorry- I mean, I did! But I-I apologized! I understand it wasn't their fault." Naruto stated, his eyes burning holes into the ground. The Hokage smiled a solemn smile.