Chap. 8

Harris

6:00am.

The alarm blared and he stretched lazily on the bed.

Something pulled, Shit.

His neck had a crick in it and the muscles in his body were so stiff he felt brittle.

Harris breathed out harshly, sitting up.

Suffice to say, he had a hard time sleeping on the new bed. Not that it was uncomfortable, just that he was not accustomed to changes. He wanted to go back to sleeping on the futon as he found it more relaxing but after the *ahem* dream incident he knew sleeping there was out of the question.

He didn't want-- (but nevertheless forced himself) --to get up and trudge towards the washroom. Not exactly sleepy just extremely tired.

Yesterday was very long and all he had wished was for a good night's sleep.

Unfortunately, that too was denied.

All because of her.

***

Damn..I hate her.

His mood was sulky again, and he sulked even more thinking that this sulkiness was what he came here to get rid of.

He had wanted to change; himself, his attitude, his life.

He wanted to escape her...

But he was stuck, like a pendulum oscillating in vacuum, going around the same place over and over again.

Coming back to the same point every single time.

Her! Always Her!

***

After a quick his shower, hot water soothing his muscles a little, he quickly dried himself and raked a hand through his wet hair too lazy to comb... as usual.

He hadn't even set his wardrobe since yesterday so he had no idea what to wear and was in no mood for wasting time thinking about it.

Who even spent time thinking of such trivial things?!

Rubbing a hand over his face he bent down, laid his suitcase on the floor which stood by the closet door, unzipped it and pulled out the first outfit he found.

A random white shirt, denim jacket and jeans, then threw them on, hardly putting any effort in looking presentable because again...

Who cares?

Slamming his door close, Harris hoped down the stairs two steps at a time when,

"Aram se! Major Sahab soo rahyn hain!”

(Careful! The Major is sleeping!)

He looked up startled at the hushed whisper.

Sigh, this little person again.

"Woh adat hai aysy seedhi utarney ki."

(Actually, I just have this habit of walking down this way..)

He shook his head and she raised an eyebrow quizzically, her face frowning. Harris responded by arching his neck up.

"Yeh kiya tareeqa hota hai? Jungle main rehtey they app?" She quipped smartly.

(What kind of a behavior is this? Were you raised in a zoo?)

Irritated, Harris gave her a dry look muttering nothings under his breath as he began to leave when she called again,

"Apka nashta kitchen main rakha hai... " She said.