Chap. 37 (Part 2)

Ayaan revved the bike and honked its measely horn.

The huge iron gates to his grandmother's mansion, where he lived opened up and he sped the bike up the slope and onto the marble porch.

He parked on the side neatly and got off. Then dropping his bag on the entrance podium he walked over to the lush green garden.

But before he even took a step upon the grass the loud barking got him smiling.

"Heyy! heyy! Araam se I am coming Ace! I am coming!"

He reached the wooden kennel on the back of the garden where his German Shepherd awaited his presence excitedly.

He reached the barking beast who jumped up in greeting, hugging Ayaan and sniffing his shirt. Ayaan grabbed him laughing and rubbed his back, loving the soft squeals of delight his loyal predator released when he did that.

Then he unwrapped his arms from around him and said, "Okay sit boy!"

It settled obediently on the ground and sniffed Ayaan's shoes with his snub nose. Ayaan sat down cross legged beside his best friend, stroked his furry head then slid his hand up his neck to his back. His dog bowed his head in appreciation and put his face on Ayaan's shoulder in a kind of a hug.

Ayaan loved animals but Ace was special. Ace had been with Ayaan through thick and thin since the last 4 years of his life. He asked his grandmother to get him a dog if he passed the AKU entrance exam and he got Ace as a present.

Even though his grandmother was highly averted to dogs or keeping any pets other than fish and birds she still got puppy Ace for Ayaan because she loved him soo. On the promise that Ace will stay 40 feet away in the back of the garden and never enter the house and Ayaan will take good care of him. All of which were very easy promises for Ayaan to keep.

Ayaan would sit hours next to his Kennel and talk to him about anything and everything. His Whatsapp d.p was Ace, his Instagram was full of Ace, his Facebook, the least used social media App for him, was activated once in a while only to post a picture of Ace.

Ayaan was obsessed but lately there was one more thing or let's say person he was obsessing over.

He sighed as all his irritation and frustration melted away in Ace's company and he was left with a bitter sweet yearning that tugged at his heart strings. A furious pair of mossy green eyes flashed behind his lids every time he closed them and he groaned in annoyance.

"Ek baat sahi keh rhi thi woh Ace, mera screw sachi main hai hi nhi... Tbhi toh main pagal ho gaya hun." He talked to his buddy and he reponded by tilting his head to the side in confusion, as if asking Ayaan to explain himself.

Ayaan let out a deep sigh and put his arm over Ace pulling him close.

"Yaaarrr.... Buddy... Pata nhi kiyaa ho gaya hai mujhe... Mujhe woh itni buri lagti thi! Pata hai naa tumko! bataya bhi hai maine."

Ace nodded his head letting out a small howl of agreement.

"Lekin ab... Ab pata nhi kyun... When I look at her eyes.. I feel like I was lost and now I found myself.. Jab woh mere samney khari hoti hai naa.... Ghussa kerti hai.... Mera dil itni zor se beat karta hai ke jaisy phat jaye ga...

Pyari toh woh shuru se hai... But ab mujhe pata nhi kyun zyada lag ne lagi hai..."

Ayaan ranted out in an agrieved tone and Ace nodded his head in sympathy as if saying, 'You're a lost cause Partner.'

"Main kiya karun buddy.. Meri help karo yaar kuch batao mujhe. Mujhe kiya ho gaya hai?"

Ace tilted his head and woofed then woofed again.