Chap. 42

Stealing glances at the other was their previous favourite thing.

Staring deep into each other's eyes till the world around them disappeared and they were lost in their own worlds, was what they did now.

She stared deep into his burning choclate browns, that sucked her in deep into the whirlpool of his contrasting emotions that made her feel giddy and light, made her breath heavy, her stomach finding itself in knots, and her heart in overdrive.

He stared back into her big gray eyes, with the specks of browns giving it a mesmerizing mix, getting lost in the heartwarming display of love she showcased for him, making his breath rush and his pulse race as he swallowed down the tightness in his throat.

Finally after a lengthy period of dancing around the feelings they held in their hearts and the stark reality of being in love with the other, they had confessed.

Tear stricken, with a runny nose and a red faced she had finally had the courage to blurt out what she had for years kept secret in between the pages of her diary and in her nightly prayers to her creator. The truth was now finally delivered to the one person who needed to hear it most.

He felt ecstatic. As if he could float on air, as if he was charged with a new found energy that existed nowhere else in the universe but filled inside him.

He grinned and with her head resting on her palm, she reflected that same expression.

Her face was flushed and he loved the fact that she was still shy of him.

His eyes were sparkling and she loved the fact that she was the reason of his happiness.

Happiness..... That is what they were feeling right now. But it's soo strange that this same regular feeling that you felt at the smallest of things, like having a good cup of tea.... Has morphed itself into something soo unreal that it seemed as if before today they had never experienced true happiness at all..

Was that possible?

Could one person change the meaning of such ordinary emotions for you to the extent that you feel like before them, you never knew it...?

Could one person, with their presence or absence, affect you soo much that the whole meaning of life, of living, of each and every humanly felt sensation, of Self... changes to the extent that you can not even recognize it anymore?

For them the answer was yes.

For Harris, Vania was that one person around whom he had designed all his life, his dreams, his plans,his entire future.... She was his world. To some that may seem impractical.. Or highly unrealistic... For him... That was just how it was. He was helpless when it came to her, his heart and mind would have no other thought. She was his heart, his soul and the permanent occupant of his mind.

For Vania, Harris was the treasure she thought she had lost forever. The gem that slipped right from between her fingers and she thought she'd  never be able to win it back. She was heartbroken for so long thinking of him as her lost love that now that she had him infornt of her, smiling at her like she was his universe, she felt like she was lost in one of her own dreams. Everything seemed surreal and her mind was in a cloud where no sounds of the outside world could enter.

It was just them, sitting on the same table, with the same view of the spectacular sunset, of the very same cafe they had once played husband and wife at. 

They had found their lost friendship at the laugh shared upon their act of stupidity here and now they returned after they found their love to reminisce that very moment and create a new one simultaneously.
........