Chap. 41

~Naa mare gi dewaangi meri
Naa mare gi awargi meri..

Ki mare gi mujhe zyada mout se
           Narazgi teri....

Kyun itnaa huaa hai tu khafa
Hai zid kis baat ki teri....

Ki mare gi mujhe zydada mout se
             Narazgi teri.....

Jaan nisaar hai, jaan nisaar
      Tere pyaar pe mere yaar
Jaan nisaar hai.... 🎶
...........................

All day Harris kept glancing left at Vania trying and failing to catch her eyes. Confusion made his head whirl and a dull ache resided in his temples.

'kuch bolo yaarr Vani... This is killing me...... Hua kiya haii!!!'

He hissed in pain sharply as his stapler stabbed his finger while putting together the hard copy of a design because he was doing it with a lousy concentration. She looked at him from the corner of her eye when he did, but then swallowed hard and looked away.

He blinked in disbelief at the bead of blood on his thumb and Vania's indifference.

His heart felt cold as a heavy feeling of despair took its place. Instinctively he put the bleeding side of the thumb in his mouth and sucked on it, his eyes still on her. He noted how she clenched her jaw and curled her fists but didn't break.

Vania hated it when he did that. He would never forget how she always stressed on washing the cut and a bandaid would appear out of her magical bag that seemed to have the needs of the world in it. But never ever would she let him put it in his mouth.

She swiveled her chair and now had her back facing him and he let out a gloomy sigh. Frustated, he rubbed his forhead and chewed on his lips thinking about each and every moment he spent with her since the last two days and wondered where he went wrong.

He was trying soo hard to make progress here but it felt like he was dropped down, more like harshly thrown back, at level one.

She was quite and distant. He was angry and irritated. Again..

Sigh.....

Except he couldn't lie to himself that he hated her, not anymore.... And he couldn't forget the words from her diary or her confessions of love for him..... So it wasn't exactly like level one because now he knew a lot more so this hurt a lot more.

And the question still remained...

Whyyy..

He squeezed his eyes with his fingers and looked at his screen. He was trying hard to work with all his focus but it was a trying task today.

'Uffffff.....' he huffed.

His other colleagues looked up at him with raised brows and he just shook his head and waved them off.

Suddenly he heard her printer click.

He whipped his head around to see it clicking on empty air and he saw a ray of hope as he noticed he had the most pages in his tray then anyone else....again.

He held his breath almost jiggling his knee in anticipation. She'll be asking him for pages any second now.

Instead she got up from her chair and began walking to the door.

His jaw fell to the floor as he stared in shock but then closed his mouth before anyone could comment.

She is going to the dark basement herself just so she won't have to speak to him?!!