Chap. 50

~Kali kali khali raaton se
  Honey lagi
  Haaii dostii

Khooyaa khooyaa in raahon main
Ab meraa
Kuch bhi nhi....

Har ghari har lamhaa
Main kasiey sehtaa hun.

Har ghari har lamhaa
Main khud se yeh kheta rehta hun..

Tujhey bhulaa diyaa hoo..
Tujhey bhulaa diyaa..

Phir kyun teri yaadon ne
Mujhe rulaa diya??
hoo...
Mujhe rulaa diya!
.................................................................

Ayaan sat on the floor of his bed room head rested against the mattress staring up at the cieling.

The air conditioner on full chilled the room and the fan whired on low speed spreading the icy molecules around.

All the lights were off except a dim side lamp that had an automatic switch which would turn on at night so the room wouldn't be engulfed by darkness.

Long shadows travelled the floor anytime a vehicle passed by outside of his window and casted ghostly shadows upon his face.

A single lone tear pools by the side of his eye and trickles down his face leaving a burning trail in its wake.

A burn he felt deep with in his heart.

His heart that seemed to have stopped beating after everything that happened in the afternoon.
Completely shattered.... No... Even shattered things have a form... His heart was turned to dust, disintegrated to smithereens soo miniscule that he no longer felt its existence with in his body.

An ache had replaced it that made his entire body throb with a seering pain he was unable to voice and unable to explain.

This was the pain of heart break..

Perhaps others experience it differently but this was his experience.

His eyes stung and were getting redder by the minute but he couldn't blink them. He couldn't move. He couldn't afford to see her face reflected behind his closed lids... Yet....

What useless feat it was. Because even with open eyes it was her and their moments that he was reminiscing in his mind.
............

"Ohh pichey ho! Pagal ho kiyaa! Meri mehbooba kaa kiya hoga mere baghair!"

She snorted, "That khatara bike!"

He smirked, "Or bhi hain..."

Airaa frowned at that and raised an eyebrow, "Kon?"

"Tumko kiya?"

Annoyed at that answer she repeated, "batao kon?!"

"Hmmm.....Jalne ki boo aa rahi hai..." He drawled.

Airaa's confusion morphed into fury and her glare hardened, "Tumko sirf kaam wali massi hi mun lagati ho gi!"
...........

I don't deserve you Ayaan... Should've left me." she said her voice small barely audible. She never spoke so soft before. Her ego disintegrated to dust. Her pride shattered. She let him see how broken she was... How weak...

"You're free to leave. Go." Ayaan offered without moving an inch, without leaving her face.

But instead of moving away she raised her hands and locked them at the back of his neck tightly.

"I can't.." She whispered, her burning forehead against his, their noses touching, their lips millimeters apart.
.............

"Ayaan!! Yeh pagal kutta hai iskoo baghaaoo yaar!!"
..........