Chap. 43

Keep the song "Tham lo" by Atif Aslam ready for you'll know when 😉

Enjoy the Chapter.

Dishes clanked and spoons clattered as Vania washed the dishes with a new found speed. She wanted to be done with the work quickly tonight, what went on in her head only she knew..

Harris still sat on the dinning watching the ladies flutter about clearing up the kitchen.

Zeeshan scratched his head and yawned saying, "Yaar main jaa raha hun bed pe.... Meri naa aaj bss hogayi! Bara lambaa paper thaa... Or din main bhi nhi soyaa.."

"Areey toh jaou naa itnaa bataa kiyaa rahy ho?" Maniha frowned and he gave a dry look.

"Mama yaar ek toh aap forun bezat ker deti hain.... Waisy hi bol detin... Arey meraa betaa.... Bohaat thak gaya hai..."

Maniha smacked his head and said, "Zyada drame bazi ki zaroorat nhi hai... Chalo soney jaou.."

He grumbled and turned to leave.

Vania was finally done and she wiped her hand on the kitchen towel and whipped around to look at Harris but found he was deep in conversation with Maniha. She frowned opening her mouth to say something but to her surprise they turned around and left to go into Maniha's room.

"Appi..."

"Hmm?" she turned at Zainab's voice and hmm in acknowlegdememt.

"Chaleyn? Hogaya naa sab?"

"hmm.. Chalo chalo.."

Closing the light they both moved to go to bed.

..................

Harris seated himself on Maniha's bed as she sat in front of him and he gathered his nerves for what he wanted to say.

"Bolo betaa... Harris.... Koi pareshani wali baat hai kiya... Ayse alag se bulaya hai.."

He shook his head clearing her doubts and spoke up.

"Khala main aap se sab se pehle yeh poochna chahta hun keh aap mujhe aapna beta maanti hain naa?"

His voice was incredibly soft and beseeching. Maniha smiled at him full of love and raised a hand to stroke his face.

"Haan... Betaa bilkul maanti hun! Yeh koi poochne ki baat hai.."

"Toh kiyaa aap ko mujh per bharosa hai?"

"Arey bilkul hai!"

"Bss phir khala meri ek baat maane or mere sath Karachi chaleyn."

Shocked Maniha stared for a minute then began to shake her head in negative,

"Nhi Harris--"

"Khala please...." He held her hand in his own and begged with his eyes.

"Harris.... Karachi main kiyaa hai ab humarey liye... Bss yahin rehne do ab--"

"Khala Karachi main aap kaa ghar hai! Aap ki dost hai! Hum hain! Please Maniha khala... Uss ghar ko abaad kareyn chal ker jahan Faizan khalo ki khubsurat yaadein hain.... Apni dost ko galey lagayen... Jisse aap 3 saal se juda hain... Apney sheher wapis chaleyn...."

Tears welled up in Maniha's eyes and brimmed over her cheeks.

"Mat royen Khala.. Please... Khalo ko takleef hoti hogi jab aap rotin hain..."

She cleared her tears but they kept falling fast, "Main kiyaa bolun gi Hafsa ko...
Main... Main... Faizan ke baghair kaisy rahun gi uss ghar main..... Mujh se nhi ho ga Harris...."