Chap. 36

Vania sat in the car with a huff feeling very annoyed and confused because of Harris's recent happy go lucky attitude.

She just couldn't figure out the source behind this new found joy of his. He was so bitter and rude when he came to Lahore. He would hardly look at her, he wouldn't let her take his name!  Now suddenly he is acting like that never happened. Like they're all good.

He actually acknowledged Waqas?! The guy who proposed to Vania! The previous Harris would have blown a vein in his head... Or would have blown  Waqas's whole head!

But he didn't... He was soo relaxed. There was a cool confidence in his demeanor, a sharpness in his smile. Like there was something he knew now that he didn't know before..... A certain boldness in his persona like he found solid ground after years of walking on water.

What is it... What made him this way?

......

Harris seated himself in the driving seat and glanced at her sullen face. Then raised his brows and coughed.

"Mahol bohat garm hai...." Then turned to her and asked, "Tum ko garmi lag rahi hai?"

She scrunched her nose at his ridiculous question.

'Garmi? In Feb?'

"Nhi! Mujhe nhi lag rahi." she folded her arms on her chest and looked out the window not wanting to talk to him.

"Achaa... Baara (12) kyun baj rahyn hain?"

"Sarey panch (5:30) baj rahyn hain actually." She turned and gave a sulky reply.

Harris let out a soft laugh and she can not say she didn't love that sound. Her heart fluttered softly her stomach finding itself in knots when he leaned over to push the gear in but kept his eyes locked with hers. The scent of his manly cologne filled the packed air around her.

"Main ghari ki baat nhi kar raha. Tumharey mun ki baat kar raha hun, bongi."

He moved back with a teasing smile and she punched the side of his seat.

Harris laughed harder, loving the fact that he was getting his old Vania back.

"Khud ho ge bonge!"

"Haan theek, main hi hun. Khush! Ab batao sari hui kyun ho? Pata nhi hai yeh sirf meri job hai?"

"Main baat nhi kar rhi hun tum se."

He snorted, corner of his mouth quirking up as he waited for the word vomit. He knew she wanted to say a lot to him.....

......

Only a matter of seconds till she gives in...

.....

"Tum ne naa bohat hi ghalat harkat ki hai aaj!" She turned to him suddenly and Harris suppressed his smile.

There it is!

"Yaar kiyaa kiya maine?!" He acted aloof.

"Waqas wala scene kiya tha? Fazool ka highlight karna zaroori tha? Woh ignore kr raha thaa naa tum bhi kar dete! Humesha ayse faltu kaam kartey ho Harris. Pata nhi kiya maza ata hai tum ko. Itna ghussa ara hai mujhe or pen bhi nhi chahiye thaa tumko! Sirf tang kar rahy they naa! Or woh khali paper wala mazaq kiyaa tha? Khala bhi---"

And she continued to speak whatever was coming to her head releasing her frustration.

Gray eyes wide, her hands waved dramaticaly in the air as her face changed many different comical expressions. Her tone rising and falling with the length of her sentences as she kept talking without a break.