Chap. 22

Harris breathed a sigh of relief as soon as he got out of the car. Another minute and he would have been done for.

Vania didn't spare him a glance as she swiftly blended in with the girls, and together they all entered Gulberg Galleria going up to Citrus Cafe, where Anoushey had made a reservation for them.

Vania was completely silent, lost in her own world of thoughts. She didn't want to go back with Harris. She was regretting the moment she said yes to comming with them.

He was so confusing!

Harris said something else, meant something else, and did something else entirely.

It was all very infuriating.

But maybe he felt the same way? Maybe he too was just confused?

She could tell him the truth.. End all the confusion, clear the air between them.

But how??

She didn't think she had the strength to say the words... To tell him.

Accepting Khalo Jan's death for herself was one thing....informing him would mean reliving that exact moment when the doctors told her he was gone forever.

Telling him would mean reliving each of those agonizing memories. Just the thought made her shudder.

For the Abdullah's, uncle Faizan was thriving at his new job as Director Finance, and his family was enjoying a life in luxury.

The truth would be, that he was dead, that his family lived in a rented house with 3 bedrooms, that Maniha was in depression and Vania and uncle Faizan's savings were their only source of income.

Everything was a mess... Even if she wanted to tell Harris... She wouldn't even know where to start.

"Vania??" She was jerked out of her head when Farah called her.

Vania looked up to see everyone was seated except for her, who had been standing like a statue staring at nothing.. Or maybe staring at Harris, but only because he was in her line of sight. Eh.

Embarrassed, she blushed and cleared her throat, pulling out a chair for herself.

Vania was seated right across from Harris, much to her dismay, with Qirat on her right and Farah on her left.

Waqas sat on Harris's left while Anoushey sat on his right. Hashir sat one end of the table while Fahad sat on the end opposite Hashir.

"Guys, sarey apni marzi kaa kuch bhi order kar wao, sharmana nhi haai, okay." Anoushey said loud.

Everyone replied in jokes saying, "Ji ji hum toh aap ko loot len ge aaj!", " Aaj toh kangal ho jaye gi Anoushey!"

And began to look at the menu card. Vania, swallowed peering at the prices over Farah's shoulder as they shared a memu card.

"Aap kiya order keryen gi Vania?" Waqas asked trying to make small talk.

Vania looked up and Harris noted Anoushey roll her eyes at Waqas.

Somebody felt as annoyed as him seeing Waqas's relentless pursuit of Vania.

He decided he liked this person. New
Potential friend.

"Jo tum nhi karo ge." She replied to him. Waqas gave Anoushey a soft glare and Anoushey glared back.

Vania replied politely, "I like the mixed salad."

Now Anoushey glared at Vania, "Tum lunch main salad khao gi?"

Vania shrugged, "Yahan ka salad bohat yummy hota hai. And you know dressings ke sath it gets a little heavy—"