▫ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ▫

- Sorry for any mistakes - A/N -
⚠ Warning: Inappropriate Language ⚠

     The humming of my phone grasped my attention from the scene. I look briefly down at my purse and back up. Each and everyone's eyes had layed upon me. I looked at Aiden, letting him know that I was going step out. He nods his head softly before going back conversating with a man.

_______________

" Hello, " I answered shutting the door behind me.
" I thought we were going to spend the day together Adaline, " My mom stated loudly.
" I'm sorry mom but- "
" Your with Aiden aren't you? " She Jabbed.
I sigh, " yes."
Aiden steps out of the room, ambling beside me.
" Adaline, that man is hogging you all to himself, me and you father hasn't really seen you since the two of you had gotten married. "
Aiden scowls at hearing my mother.
" End the phone call, now! " Aiden mouths. I glared at him, " No. "
My mom sighs, " Just please come see us. "
I felt guilty, " How about we meet up for dinner? " I suggested. Aiden stomps his feet and aggressively shakes his head 'no'. I give him another glare.
" Yes, come to my house, " she rejoiced, " I know you're starving for a home cooked meal. "
My eyes catch a glimpse of Aiden heavily walking away.
" Yeah I am, " I agreed with my mom, tailing behind Aiden.
" Well, lemme go get started with dinner. " She says.
" Okay, bye. "
" Bye. "
I stepped into Aiden's office; he sat at the desk, angrily working on papers. He glares up at me.
" We are not going, " He gritted. I furrowed my eyebrows.
" Don't start acting like a two year old now. " I rolled my eyes. Aiden snarls standing up abruptly and kicks over the trash can that sat beside his desk. He approaches me and savagely grabs my arm. He pulls me close until we are nose to nose.
" Watch who you are talking too. " He growls, his grip starting to hurt.
" You can either come with or stay your ass home, " I spat jerking out of his grip and stumbled backwards.

" I'm not going, " He barked slamming his fist against the desk.
" That's fine, " I shot back and forcing the door closed.
" Adaline, we are not done talking! " Aiden shouts from his office. I throw up the middle finger and stepped around the corner.

____________

" Thank you dad, " I said sitting down in the car.
He smiles, " Your welcome bean. "
I laugh quietly at the nickname, " I missed you dad. "
" I missed you too. " He sighs happily.

Without awareness of the sun setting in the sky or the rain falling, the car moved over highway, lights on full beam, I watched how the warm colored yet bright lights played in the droplets of rain. Being captivated at the stormy yet calming scenery, I had not noticed that we had pulled up into my parents driveway.
" We're here, " My dad announced.
I snap out of my hypnotising thoughts, " Huh, oh! "
He leans over and grabs a umbrella from the pouch that was stitched onto the back of the seat. The umbrella blossoms open; he rushes to my side and held the umbrella over my head. We scurry over to the entrance of the house.

" We are here, " I say loudly walking farther into the house.
"Finally, " My mom crooned coming out the kitchen and throws herself onto me. she swarms me with kisses on my cheek and warm, love-feeling hugs.
She drags me into the dinning room, " I just got done setting the table, let's go eat! "
Upon entering the room, it carried a happy vibe interwoven with the aroma of the meal my mom had put togetther. The three of us sat down at the table. I took a bite of the food, I hummed with delight. It was like a gentle, warm hug to the soul.
"

Seems like you are enjoying the dinner, " My mom chuckled. I nodded with a mouth full of food. Her and my dad laughs.

__________

I stared up at the clock that hung up againt the wall and almost choked on my tea.
" What's wrong bean? " My dad asked.
I swallowed the tea that was in my mouth, " It's late, Aiden is going to be upset if I don't get home any sooner. "
" Adaline, you are a lady not a child, " My mom states, " he shouldn't get upset if you are out late, maybe alittle worried but you are grown enough to make your own decisions. "
" Why don't you just let him know that you are going to be staying here for tonight. " My dad suggested. Mom is right, I shouldn't have to worry about upsetting Aiden. He shouldn't have to know where I'm going constantly or stress on when I am getting home.
" Adaline, I strive for you to be happy but that man is little controling and clingy. " My mom continues on, " I remember the first week of you guys being together, he wanted to marry you right then and there. I also recall you complaining to me about him texting you endlessly. or him wanting you to spend your free time with him instead of us and/or your friends. "
She rattled on and on.
" Okay mom okay, " I sigh.
" Oh, I'm sorry dear. " She apologized.
I smiled softly, " I understand your point, he can be alittle clingy but I still love him and I plan on continuing to love him. "
" LIke I said dear, if you are happy I'm happy, " she tells me, " but anyways I know you're tired so lets head to bed. "

I stepped into my old room and dressed into the extra cloths my mom had given me. I sat on the edge of the bed and pulled my phone from out of my purse. There was couple of text from Aiden, I unlock my phone and read the messages.

" I'm sorry bunny. "
sent at 6:30 pm
" Please answer back. "
sent at 6:34 pm
" When are you coming back? "
sent at 7:09 pm
" Adaline I'm starting to get upset. "
sent at 7:20 pm
" Come home now. "
sent at 7:59 pm

" I'm staying a night at my parents. "
sent at 11:34 pm.

I put my phone down on the night stand. I lifted the cool, velvet pillow to my cheek; loving the feeling. The comforter was thick and irresistible soft, like a cloud. I rubbed my fingers along the mattress before I collapsed onto it, happily to rest my exhausted mind. Coziness and darkness enveloped me, I soon gave in to the call of sleep.

_________________

// Written: February 6, 2021 //
// Total of words: 1100 //