▫ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ▫

- Sorry for any mistakes - A/N -

   I would have lied if I said I didn't notice Aiden's sudden change of behavior; from his never-ending asking if I'm seeing other men when my phone rings or buzzes, or him having to know my schedule; not forgetting him wanting to tag along with every chance he could get. But right now I was being held "hostage" by him. 
    " Aiden, " I huffed, " I'm just going to get us lunch. "
He stood at the office door with his arms folded over each other.
   " I'm coming, " he states.
    I pinch the bridge of my nose, " That's fine but my stomach ain't gonna be any happier if we don't hurry and get some food. "

__________

      I savored the italian food that whooshed around my mouth — this pasta was rocking.
        " You seem like you are enjoying the pasta more than me. " Aiden says working on his work.
       " Maybe. " I joked with a goofy smile. He slaps his hand over his heart dramatically as if he was offended by my jokingly maybe.
       He stands from his seat, " Oh we'll see about that. "  
       He sits on my lap with his legs on either side of me; I take in the hints of his warm tones of cologne — sending my mind into a field of daydreams. He then takes the container of pasta away, I whined at the action. He let's out a rich and deep chuckle as leans closer to my lips. He kisses the corners before his soft pink lips pounces onto mine. His tongue runs over my lips, asking for permission to be let in, I parted my lips for it to enter. Aiden's hands explores my body; squeezing here and there before He pushes away from the steamy kiss.
    " How about now? " He asked with a playful smirk.
I look up at him, speechles, with fast breaths.
    " Huh? "
He lets out a loud laugh and gets off of me. I still sat there comfounded and flustered.
     " I guess not. " He hums amusingly.
My face gets warmer and I stared at the clock that sat on Aiden's desk.
     " Oh, look at t-the time. Let's head home. " I said stammering with my words.
     " Alright, " he says still with a teasing smirk.
    " Your not gonna let this go, are you? " I deadpanned.
     " Nah, " He answers shaking his head with a small laugh. I drop my head and we left out of the building to his car. Aiden goes to get in but stops, " I forgot some papers, I'll be back. " He tells me and shuts the door.

Aiden's P.O.V.

    I hurried into my office and speed walked over to my desk. I go to reach for the papers I had forgotten until a catch a glimpse of Adaline's phone faced down on the corner of the desk. A mischievous smile slowly enstiches itself onto my face.
    ' She wouldn't think I took her phone. She'll probably just blow it off as if she lost it. '
I deliberated as I stuff the phone in the pocket of my dark grey coat. I walked down the hall before a ding freezes me in my steps. I take the phone out and typed in her password.
    " We are having supper with your brother, want to come over. " I mumbled what her mom had sent. I frown and descided to answer the message for myself.

     " Hey, " Adaline's says patting herself and then asked, " Did you see my phone in your office? "
Time to test my acting skills, " I don't think I did. "
     " Can we stop by the italian restaurant to see if I left it there? " She asked. I nod my head in agreement.

    _______________

     " They said they didn't see it, but I gave them my phone number and told them to give a call if they found it. "  I enlightened as I put my seat belt on.
     " oh, okay. " She said.
     " Don't be bummed,  I'll get you a new one. " I tell her trying to make her feel better. She smiles and gives a small nod.

     Adaline's P.O.V.

     We pulled into the garage and headed into the house; a gulf of warmth kisses our skin as we walked in; I sat my purse down on the counter.
      " How about a movie? " I asked Aiden.
      " Sounds great. " He agrees taking my hand and pulling me into the living room.

Thirty minutes or so into the movie a knock comes from the door; the knocking was quiet at first but then it became more frantic. I go to get up but Aiden pushes me back down.
    " I got it. " He says getting up from the couch and took small steps towards the door.
     " What do you want? " I hear Aiden asking the person who stood at the door; aloofed with words.
     " Can I talk to Adaline, please. " I hear my mothers voice plead.
     I get up from the couch and step over to the door, pushing Aiden out of the way. My mother stood at the door with sorrowful tears dribbling down her flushed cheeks.
     " What's wrong? " I asked with concern.
     " Can we talk in private? " She chokes.
     " ye-"
     " You can say whatever you have say to the both of us. " Aiden barges in.
I glared back at Aiden, " If she wants to talk in private then so be it Aiden. "
He purse his lips and stomped his feet like a two year old who didn't get the candy and/or toy they asked for.
  I choose to ignore him and took a hold of my mom's hand, pulling her to the car.

  " What's the problem? " I asked patting her hand trying to soothe her crying.
   " D-did you s-send this? " She asked, stuttering on her words, and pulls her phone out. She opens up her messages and show me the message I "sent". My face alters to a confused and unhappy face.
    " No, " I gushed, " I don't even have my phone, I lost it somewheres. "
She sighs with reassurance, " Urg, thank god. "
   " The person who probably found my phone must have sent that. " I told her; shocked at the message. I watch as my mom's cogs slowly rotate.
   " Aiden could have swiped your phone and texted the message. " She stated hurriedly, " You know how much that man dislikes me! "
   " I really doubt that mom, " I fluctuated, " even if I am aware of Aiden slight change in behavior, I really don't think Aiden would do something that would potentially make me upset with him. "
   " What do you mean about his sudden change of behavior?  " My mom queried with one of her soft, angled brows raising and the other resting.

Author's P.O.V.

   Aiden watched from the window as the two of them conversate.
     ' She going to steal my bunny. '
     ' Adaline is mine, all of her is mine. her body, her mind, and her attention.'
Aiden's vulnerable and proprietorial thoughts ambushing his mentality.
     " Oh, I wish I could get rid of the woman. " Aiden curses under his breath as bloodthirsty imaginations intrudes his thoughts; his once sane thoughts transforming into unstable ones.

________________

Things are kicking up in this chapter 🧐👀

// Written: February 10, 2021 //
// Total of words: 1173 //