▫ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ▫

- Sorry for any mistakes - A/N -

   Everything seemed go back what it had used to be before all this mess had started; being a mildly normal wedded couple, where Aiden did not terminate my mother and forcefully taken me. My mother, my father; Aiden hasn't mentioned what had happened after this mess, no mentions of the authorities finding my lifeless mother or if people where out searching for me. Maybe I should ask, would the question upset him?
My body loafly layed along a modern-velvet loveseat that rest along dark-framed casement window. My eyes guide along the lines of words that were inked into the books pages. At times, my face would rearrange into an emotion that fit with what was happening in the chapter and long with noiseless hums and squeals that flowed out from my mouth. There was nothing else for me to do; of course Aiden did not want me to have a phone and from what I can see there were no television around this get-away house. At least it isn't as boring as being in that isolated room. My stomach rumbles, breaking my concentration from the book. I pushed myself from the loveseat and exited the living room and into the kitchen. The time caught my eye, 6:30 pm. 

" Might as well start dinner. " I spoke aloud, opening the refrigerator and contemplating on what to have. I bend down into the fridge and rise back up, with a bundle of enoki mushrooms and few chili peppers in my arms. I decided to try something different and something I have been wanting to try, spicy enoki mushrooms. I favored spicy things more than I do sweets or others flavors, my mouth was already salivating. After placing the vegetables onto the counter, I reached up to the cabinet beside the stove and retrieved the sugar, soy sauce, and the red pepper paste. I move to another cabinet and take a medium bowl from it. After gathering the things I needed, I take the mushrooms and wash them; then I sliced the bottoms off and sliced them long ways. I pushed the now sliced mushrooms to the side and then finely chopped the four chili peppers. I then took the medium bowl and mixed 2 spoonfuls of the red pepper paste and soy sauce, along with 4 spoonfuls of sugar. I place the bowl to the side, then taking mushrooms and placing them into the pan. I take a spoon from the drawer and grabbed the medium bowl; I spread some of the sauce over the enoki mushrooms and leaving a little for after. I add a little bit of water, mixing the sauce and water a bit, and then sprinked the chili peppers on top of the mushrooms. My fingers twist the stove on; I take the lid to the pan and placed it on top. I seated myself on to the countertop, letting it boil for two minutes.
I take the lid from the pan and take the mushrooms out, dishing them out onto two plates. I take the remaining sauce and spread it on to the steaming mushrooms. I take plates and sat the on the round-wooden table, with silverware and two glasses of sweat tea.
Aiden should be- speaking of the devil, he walks through the front door. His face was plagued with a irk.
" Dinners read-"
" Shut up. " he snipped, causing me to flinch.
" Sorry, " I whispered.
He sluggishly comes closer to me and we stare eye to eye, his face relaxes.
" No, I am sorry. I had an awful day, " he said wearily.
" Want to talk about it? " I asked.
" no, " he monotoned before scowling, " but we can eat. I haven't eaten a good meal since that woman took you away from me. "
I grimace at the mention of my mother. He notices and takes my hand, pulling me to the table.
" Mind explaining what we are having tonight bunny. " He chirpes, staring down at food.
" Spicy enoki mushrooms. " I smiled, taking at seat.
" Hm sounds different, " He hums, " can't wait to try it. "
I nodded my head with agreement and taking the fork in my hand. I take a bite and did a little-happy dance at the flavor. Aiden giggles lightly before shoving the flavored mushrooms into his gob.
" Yummy, " he praise before his cheeks were tainted with a rosy red, " hot, hot! "
I cackled and pointed at the glass of tea that sat above his plate. He grabs it and chugs half of it.
" spicy but good. "

_____________________

   My chest was pressed against the sink as I wash the dirty dishes, getting a little wet from the soapy water. Aiden supported himself against the counter with his bare arms crossed over his shirtless tone-broad chest, waiting for me to finish.
" The reason I was upset earlier, " He spoke suddenly and tentatively, " is because the police are questioning me about your disappearance and mother's death. "
He makes quotations with his fingers about me "disappearing" and turned to look away from me. My body freezes and my breath hitches.
" T-they are looking for me? " I asked, hiding the excitement or happiness swelling in my chest and throat-at least I had some hope to thrive on.
" Yeah but I will not let them take you away from me, " he grunts possessively, " I'll kill most of them before they can. "
He comes behind me and nestles his face into my hair, breathing in my scent.
" that or we'll die together. Death do do us part bunny. "

________________________

Add a recipe in this chapter 👩🏻‍🍳
Also happy easter! 😊

// Written: April 2, 2021 //
// Total of words: 930 //