09

chapter nine

       THE TIME SPENT IN the trash compactor had horrified Amora to no end, and she was glad to have escaped the confined room

       THE TIME SPENT IN the trash compactor had horrified Amora to no end, and she was glad to have escaped the confined room. Even more so, she was glad to have escaped from the uncomfortable stormtrooper armor that felt suffocating and gross.

       As the group adjusted their clothes from the horrid experience, she took the time to redo her hair. The stormtrooper helmet had messed it up terribly and it was no longer staying out of her face, like the style was supposed to.

       "If we could just avoid any more female advice," Han targeted Leia. "We ought to be able to get outta here."

       Amora narrowed her eyes at Han as she twisted a piece of hair back. "Aren't you the one who got the troops sent up in the first place?"

       He pointed a finger at the girl aggressively. "I was just saying what you told me to say!"

       "I didn't tell you to be so awkward about it-!"

       "Well, let's get movin'!" Luke interrupted, sensing the screaming match that would soon commence.

       Amora crossed her arms childishly as Luke gave her a stern look. She rolled her eyes and looked away.

       Before they could start their journey back to the ship, however, a wailing sound emerged from the hatch behind them. Chewbacca jumped at the noise, roaring wildly while running away.

       Han watched him run in disbelief. "Where you going?"

       The Wookiee didn't answer.

       Han shrugged in annoyance and turned back to the hatch with his blaster raised.

       "No, wait, they'll hear!" Leia protested.

       But he pulled the trigger anyways, shooting through the hole at the monster inside. A loud explosion erupted at the impact.

       Leia rolled her eyes in frustration, looking like she wanted to strangle the man, but stayed silent. Amora just stared blankly, dumbfounded by his idiotic nature.

       "C'mere, you big coward!" he called out, ignoring the girls. Chewbacca shook his head frantically. "Chewie, c'mere!"

       "Listen," Leia cut in. "I don't know who you are, or where you came from, but from now on, you do as I tell you. Kay?"

       Amora tried to hide her laughter. She didn't necessarily agree with Leia or Han, but their banter was too childish to be taken seriously. Maybe she was being a hypocrite, but she ignored that.