11

chapter eleven

       THE BRIGHT SUN OF Yavin IV poured graciously over the lush green forests, bathing the moon in a honey-like glow of warmth and beauty

THE BRIGHT SUN OF Yavin IV poured graciously over the lush green forests, bathing the moon in a honey-like glow of warmth and beauty. Whisper birds echoed their low call faintly in the background of the bustling rebellion base, which seemed glaringly obvious amongst the nature. It was a miracle that they weren't yet discovered.

Stepping out into the light was almost blinding compared to the dim shadows of the Millennium Falcon. The rays gently draped over Amora's skin, except they weren't burning like the rays on Tatooine. These were soft and calming, with a friendliness that never knew the cold.

She smiled as she tilted her head back with closed eyes, basking in the sun.

I missed this, she thought happily.

"So much for a secret base," Han interrupted her daydream, staring up at the towering temple as he walked down the boarding ramp. "You'd think the Empire would've found this place already."

"Yeah, well, the Empire doesn't spend their time in places that are good and beautiful," Amora replied, eyes still shut.

"Ain't that the truth..." he mumbled as the sound of footsteps was heard from the boarding ramp.

Amora opened her eyes and looked over to see Luke, Leia, and Chewbacca exiting the ship, Artoo and Threepio trailing slightly behind. A smile came onto her face as she spotted Luke's outfit.

"The poncho is back!" she exclaimed with a laugh as the group moved towards the military speeders that were prepared for them.

Luke glanced over at her with a small grin. "It's cold!" he defended.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you lived in the literal desert," she scoffed, playfully bumping his shoulder. He bumped her back softly as they arrived at the speeders.

There, a group of unfamiliar rebels quickly helped them board, with Chewbacca, Artoo, and Threepio taking up the one in front of them. Once they were all seated and ready to go, they headed off into the temple.

The base was rather large compared to their previous bases. It was a vast building with multiple levels, not to mention the endless greenery around them. Even though Amora had lived here for quite some time, she still adored the charming little place.

The speeder slowed to a stop as a man approached the vehicle. Amora recognized him as Vanden Willard, a commander with equal rank yet higher status. He was well-regarded in the rebellion.

The four of them hopped off the speeder, Leia rushing over to Vanden with a smile.

"You're safe!" he exclaimed, pulling the princess into a hug. "We had feared the worst."