28

chapter twenty-eight

       FOR A STRANGE CITY that made Amora feel constantly on edge and anxious, they sure knew how to treat their guests well

       There was nothing to do other than lounge around and wait for the ship to be finished, so she thought it would be a good idea to shower, change clothes, and just finally experience the luxuries she used to take for granted.

       Once Amora had freshened up, she had raided the (rather large) closet that they apparently provided Leia, selecting a light blue jumpsuit that matched the Cloud City aesthetic. It couldn't hide the blaster that was clipped onto her white belt, but the outfit was worth it. It was better than having it hidden it in the folds of a dress yet being unable to run when she was chased by a stormtrooper.

       Amora, dressed and clean in a private room, was about to pull her wet hair up into a messy updo when she heard the door slide open, the sound of Wookiee growls extending all the way to her. She dropped the hair she was holding and bit her lip to stop a gleeful laugh.

       No one told me Chewie was here!

       In a rush, she shoved a few spare pins and ties into her pocket and slipped into a pair of white boots.

       "Oh, what a mess," Leia's voice became audible as Amora exited the room as quickly as the shoes would allow. "Chewie, do you think you can repair him?"

       She finally made it into the main room, but her happiness dipped as she saw what they were all focused on. Threepio (who she wasn't aware was here, either) was completely destroyed and sat lifelessly in a bucket on the table. How this could've happened, she had no idea, but it only weakened her nonexistent trust of the city.

       Chewie shrugged sadly in response to Leia, but did brighten up just a bit when he noticed Amora lingering by the doorway in confusion. He stood up with a surprised roar and maneuvered around the table to greet her with a big hug, alerting the other two of her presence, but they were still too concerned about the Threepio-situation to care, and rightfully so.

       "Lando's got people who can fix him," Han suggested with a soft gaze towards Leia while Amora laughed joyfully at Chewie's hug.

       But she wasn't so distracted as to miss the unfamiliar name Han mentioned casually.

       Lando?

       Leia rolled her eyes and sighed. "No, thanks."

       "Wait, who's Lando?" Amora asked the two cluelessly as she pulled back from Chewie with her arm still around him.

       She didn't realize that they knew anyone here, let alone trusted anyone. Well, Han, at least. Leia seemed far from enthusiastic. They glanced at each other silently, having some sort of wordless exchange, but a strange voice spoke before they could.