39

chapter thirty-nine

       IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME that Amora was lost

       IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME that Amora was lost. She had been sneaking around the forest with no sense of navigation or time, just hoping to stumble across anything or anybody she knew. The problem was that Endor all looked the same! A pretty setting to be lost in, that was true, yet it wasn't too helpful when it came to locating her friends. And after travelling so far on the speeder bikes, Amora could be steps away from the energy source for all she knew. But it didn't seem to be the case since there wasn't anyone around, that is, until she heard multiple indistinguishable voices just a little further ahead.

       Even though she had been looking for any signs of life, she would prefer it to be someone who didn't want to kill her. So she quietly snuck closer to the sound and placed herself behind a tree. The hiding spot didn't give her much leverage, but it was enough to eavesdrop inconspicuously.

       Amora peeked her head out from behind the tree the tiniest bit, blaster in hand and ready. She didn't want to use it because of the loud sound, but it was usable if necessary. However, she didn't see any white-helmeted enemies to shoot. What she did see was a fluffy bunch of sandy blond hair that belonged to someone she cherished. It wasn't the Empire at all. It was her favorite people.

       "Luke!" she breathed out in relief, hopping away from the tree and entering the clearing.

       The sudden movement on her part clearly startled them as they jerked their blasters into place to shoot, but Luke's stance relaxed with great solace when he saw who it was. His previously cold eyes filled with warmth as he slowly stepped forward to meet her halfway.

       "Amora," he whispered with his arms outstretched to sweep her into him.

       She leapt into his embrace and tightened her grip around his strong frame, her feet lifting off the ground a bit as he lightly twirled her around. A giddy smile graced her lips and she touched back down with his hands resting on her head and back comfortingly.

       "I thought you didn't make it," he murmured quietly into her hair, her presence just barely enough to ease his distress.

       He lifted his head up to tenderly kiss the top of her hair, which only made her smile grow wider as she further nestled into his chest. Amora had forgotten about the others present, but an annoyed roar by Chewie brought her back to reality. She pulled away from Luke, embarrassed, and smiled at the Wookiee.

       "Hi, Chewie, it's good to see you're still alive," she bluntly greeted him before adding. "Oh, and don't worry, I don't blame you for Han's awful plan."