23

chapter twenty-three

       AFTER A COUPLE MORE weeks of tirelessly working on her ship to make it usable after the crash, Amora finally managed to get the engines revving

AFTER A COUPLE MORE weeks of tirelessly working on her ship to make it usable after the crash, Amora finally managed to get the engines revving. It could fly again. She could meet back up with the rebellion.

She bounded through the trees with glee in a race to find Luke, Yoda, and Artoo. The formers had been back at their endless training sessions and, while she didn't know exactly what they did, she knew which lagoon they were usually near. Amora hurried over as quickly as she could to make it to the water and tell them the news. She was too proud to wait until later.

"Use the Force, yes..."

She suddenly stopped running in the current direction and took a sharp turn to the right. Yoda's voice was quiet, but clearly audible amongst the marsh's stillness. And it didn't take long for Artoo to fade into view, his muddy metal still a shiny beacon.

Treading over to his spot a little ways away, her noisy entrance was finally noticed. He rolled over the best he could to meet her halfway, to which she kneeled down in front of him.

"Hey buddy, you know where they are?"

She didn't need to specify who "they" was; it's not like she was searching for the monster who devoured him on the first day. Artoo inched backwards a bit and turned himself to face the opposite direction.

"Follow you, then?" she asked at the lack of response from the droid. He didn't answer to that, either, and rolled away casually. "I guess that's a yes..."

He guided her past a giant tree trunk that blocked the water's shore and revealed the sight of exactly who she was looking for, although not exactly the position she was expecting. Luke stood perfectly still in a handstand, balancing on one arm while purposefully off center. He managed to level Yoda carefully on one foot, where he hollered advice as calmly as possible.

Any normal person would probably be impressed by that in itself. Holding a perfect handstand for that long was difficult, let alone on one arm. But Amora, on the other hand, was a bit... distracted, to say the least. Her focus was immediately captured by the way his arms flexed from the tension, glistening in sweat as they supported his lean body easily, not to mention the faint outline of his abs that were faintly visible.

"You never told me this was the view," Amora spoke under her breath to Artoo, nudging him softly with her knee. "I would've came out here more often."

If Artoo could groan in annoyance through beeps, he definitely did right now.

"Now, the stone," Yoda's voice rang through the air. "Feel it."