31

chapter thirty-one

       AMORA CAREFULLY TIPTOED BEHIND the bulky, slimy body of Jabba the Hutt, anxious to avoid the attention of anyone in the palace

AMORA CAREFULLY TIPTOED BEHIND the bulky, slimy body of Jabba the Hutt, anxious to avoid the attention of anyone in the palace. The last thing she wanted was to be caught while she was meant to be working. It would only be an excuse for Jabba to trigger her shock collar. Again.

To put it simply, a year had passed since the incident on Cloud City, and Amora was still as angry as ever. Along with Han, Boba Fett had sold her to the disgusting Hutt for a little cash and a few extra brownie points. She was immediately put to work as a bartender and waitress, except unlike her coworkers, she was a slave. So not only was she treated like trash by her peers and customers, but she was also forced to wear a dehumanizing outfit that left practically nothing to the imagination. It consisted of a scarce black leotard with a dangerously deep v-neck, not to mention the ghastly black, heeled boots that made even walking a chore. It wasn't enough that she was a servant. She also had to appeal to their tasteless, sexual fantasies that she wanted nothing to do with. She served the palace every waking hour, in more ways than one, which is what she was supposed to be doing right now. But she had something a little more important to do instead of laboring away for dirty, perverted criminals.

Amora, reaching the end of Jabba's snake-like tail, ducked down behind a table near Herat the Jawa and crawled as close to the platform's edge as she could. She was only a few feet away from the lounging green Twi'lek she was trying to speak with, which was close enough.

"Oola!" she whispered as loudly as she could without attracting the attention of Jabba.

The girl's head snapped up, Amora's voice clearly audible over the smooth, calm jazz that filled the room. She sat up immediately to locate the source of the voice, but only looked around cluelessly in confusion. Amora sighed and moved forward a few more inches.

"Behind you!"

Oola turned her head backwards, eyes widening when she saw the girl, but spun back around immediately. She instead scooted backwards a bit, keeping her vision forward, and leaning back to discreetly speak.

"Amora?"

Oola was a fellow slave of Jabba's that Amora met two months ago, despite her being there from the very beginning. With their two differing jobs, there was just no reason for them to ever interact beyond brief glances. It wasn't until Oola approached her with information on the guards' work schedule to suggest an alliance did they really start talking. It was difficult at first, since Oola spoke broken Basic and Amora spoke broken Twi'leki, but they managed. Since then, they had been scheming and plotting an exit together.