𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡

The air was thick with tension, Elias smiling awkwardly at the Mandalorian as he stared him down for a moment

The air was thick with tension, Elias smiling awkwardly at the Mandalorian as he stared him down for a moment. no one said anything. The only sound coming from the table were Grogu's soft coos of amusement as he watched the three navigate the awkward situation.

"We have a lead on the Mandalorians, we have to go to docks and meet the contact. He will bring us to them." The Mandalorian informed sternly, his voice booming with intimidation as he leaned over to look at Asora, sparing the man beside her a short glance.

"That's wonderful! When will we be leaving?" Asora inquired, smiling cheerfully over towards the Mandalorian, slightly oblivious to his change in demeanour.

He stared her down for a moment her cheery attitude sneaking under his skin. He let out an inaudible sigh, so quiet even his modulator couldn't pick it up. Was she so naive that she couldn't notice his distaste for the man beside her?

Silence danced around the table for a moment as the Mandalorian brooded quietly before Elias spoke.

"What're you doin' looking for more Mandalorians? One wasn't enough for you?" He sassed, turning over toward's the Jedi with his eyebrow arched in curiosity.

"Mando has been quested to find more of his kind and the child's."

"Like the missions Windu had you goin' on when you were a Padawan?"

"Precisely."

Elias' curiosity was getting the better of the Mandalorians temper, watching the two interact made him want to blow his top off. There was something about him that rubbed him completely the wrong way, maybe it was the fact that he was so close, so friendly with Asora. Or maybe it was the New Republic patch on his jacket.

 Either way, to Mando, Elias was bad news.

"We are leaving now." The Mandalorian announced as he stood, pulling his shoulders back as he turned towards the two, trying to come off as towering and intimidating as possible towards the man beside her.

"Okay, I'll finish up with Elias and meet with you shortly." Asora nodded, turning towards Elias, engaging herself into a conversation with him as the two left.

Once the Mandalorian situated himself outside the Inn he found himself frustrated and impatient, peering into the Inn every few seconds, anxious for the girl to join them so the three of them could embark on their new journey.

Cold air whipped around the two as the Mandalorian began to tap his foot impatiently, eyes flickering between the child and the door every other second. What could the two possibly have to talk about that would take this long?

His eyebrows pinched together in frustration as he began thinking over all the possible topics of conversation for the two to explore, the thought of them talking themselves to sleep the way they do made its way across his mind. For them to talk the way he and her do,  made him feel uncomfortable and jealous, almost angry at the idea.