2. Later than usual

EAST LONDON 3 YEARS AGO

Jordyn sat on the edge, her feet dangling off of the ledge, blankly staring down at the rest of London with a cigarette resting between her fingers, slowly burning away. From the outside, Jordyn would look like a hopeless teenager, wasting her life away in a city full of potential. She rubbed her face, feeling her energy being drained as soon as the front door opened and slammed closed.

In a matter of seconds, her door was shaking by the bangs caused by her loving mother's fists. The kind of loving mother that would even force her own daughter to give up on her dreams since dreams would only make her head float in the clouds. "It's what's best for you" she would say, her words seeping into Jordyn's mind like stained red wine on a carpet.

"Jordyn open this door now!" Her mother's voice sounded muffled as Jordyn only hummed along to the music, blasting from her earphones. The banging continued on for a while, seeing as Jordyn did get her stubbornness from somewhere.

Jordyn glanced back at her door before she leaned her back on the brick wall behind her, positive that her mother would get tired eventually.

***

MANCHESTER, PRESENT TIME
The curtains were closed, only letting in a certain amount of sunlight, which was enough for the green plants by her windows to survive. Jordyn was still asleep, buried deep in the comfort of her thick duvet covers.

It was a peaceful and quiet morning. That was until her alarm that she had hit snooze on for about an hour, went off causing a panicked Jordyn to run around the apartment, hurriedly collecting her things.

Jordyn locked the door and ran down the hall, pressed the elevator button multiple times as if it would make the elevator speed up.

When she finally got to the lobby, Jordyn was sprinting out of the glass doors, barely having time to look back as she rushed down the street. But as if the universe hadn't thrown much shit her way, she just happened to run into someone just as she was running around the corner of her school.

She fell down but the worst was when she found her belongings scattered all over the pavement and her shirt dripping wet from whatever drink the other person was holding.

"You good?"

Jordyn looked up at the rather tall figure, "never been better" she spat sarcastically as she rolled her eyes and crawled over to her school bag, picking up her scattered pencils and notebooks.

When her things were in one place, she stood up and faced the person she ran into with a drenched tee that was kind of see through now.