8. Teaser

Jordyn had watched him slowly push her head back on the head rest just in time

Jordyn had watched him slowly push her head back on the head rest just in time. His dark green eyes bored into hers as the sharp glass shards from the windows cut deeply in to her out stretched arms. She had held her arms up in front of her face, shielding herself from the impact when she felt the truck hit the backside of the car.

The car was tumbling down the road, the impact of the truck had caused them to flip over completely, the dices hanging upside down from the rear view mirrors, a scar slowly taking its place on her shoulder.

The memory she fought she had buried came back faster and somehow clearer, it seemed as though every time she forgot about it, it would find its way back, slowly creeping up on her with the worst timing.

"Jordyn?" Tammy raised his eyebrows at her, holding out two different cereal boxes. Jordyn chose the Cheerios with honey and Tammy slid the box across the white marble counter.

The two cousins had woken up earlier than expected, finding the other in the kitchen unexpectedly.

"You good?" He asked as he poured the cereal into his bowl, filled with milk.

"Are you?" She pointed to the bowl, weirded out by her cousins choice of pouring the milk before cereal. He gave out a light chuckle flipping her off while he stirred around.

"I'm serious Jordyn"

Jordyn didn't respond, she couldn't find it in herself to say that she was okay even though the past was slowly but surely catching up to her. So she nodded her head.

Tammy sighed, knowing how hard headed his cousins could be, almost blaming himself for not looking out for her when they were younger. But then again their parents had never gotten along ever since his aunt got remarried with Jordyn's step-father.

It all changed when the accident happened and Jordyns older sister basically removed the both of them from the household and never looked back again.

Jordyn glanced at the staircase, seeing the newly woken up Trent make his way down to them, still rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes. He paused and stared at them but continued in front of the big fridge and fetched the jug of milk that Tammy had just put away. Trent poured himself a bowl of honey flavored Cheerios with milk and ate in silence, not bothered to exchange words.

Moments later when the whole house was up and running, they were packing their bags ready for the beach and tanning seasons.

"I mean if you've got it flaunt it I guess" Sasha shrugged at the Instagram model, arching her back to show off her butt in the sunny weather, catching the attention of half the males on the beach since the other half was either very over aged or there with their significant other.

Jordyn glanced at her then back to the beach in front of her, applying the sunscreen on her bare legs since she was paranoid of getting skin cancer already.

Trent jogged past her, kicking the sand up on her purposely as he grinned and ran into the water. Jordyn groaned feeling her back now fully covered in the warm sand.

She pinned her hair up and she too made her way down to the unbelievably clear water, chatting with Sasha as they both walked until the water had reached their knees. Jordyn looked down in astonishment at the clean beach, the water was a turquoise color and the light from the sun was reflecting, making it look like glitter was spread across the ocean.

"Come on Sash, come here!" Jesse yelled, swimming towards them in a high speed. He picked her up and threw her into the back into the water just a distance from them, Jesse laughed at her expression but swam away from her as fast as she could since Sasha was in a raging mode, he hair had been drenched and the day before was wash-day.

Jordyn sighed, if it wasn't for her fear of sharks and drowning in the big waves then she would've probably gone out further but given that she only visited the beach occasionally she knew that it was out of the question. Yet she walked further out until she couldn't feel the sand beneath her feet anymore.

Panic washed over her body as she felt something slightly tingling her foot. At first she had convinced herself that it was simply her Brian playing tricks on her. 

But as the calm waves moved her further and further out, the panic only grew. It didn't help when she felt something grasping her ankle, yanking her underneath the surface of the water. The sound around her suddenly disappeared as she fluttered her eyes open, looking around in fear for whatever it was that had dragged her under.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around her waist, turning her around to face the monster.

Jordyn was surprised to find Trent staring back at her with a big grin. She flipped him off and swam up to the surface, gasping for air  

"You dickhead!" She yelled and swiped her hair back from her face. Trent only bursted out into laughter, his hands still holding on to her waist for support.

"My apologies" he said while still shaking the water around him from his laughs.

Jordyn pushed his head down, silencing his teasing laughs. Her smile of triumph turned into horror yet again when she only felt him swim closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her back down with him, this time swimming deeper to the bottom.

She found out that they were indeed not that far out, he only swam a bit when she felt her back hitting against the ocean floor. Jordyn had her arms around his neck, fighting the temptation to his the back of his head.

Trent grinned, showing off his smile lines before she sat up, the water now only reached her stomach as she gasped for air again.

"I can make you gasp for air in other scenarios, if you know what I mean" He winked, shifting his weight onto his arms, which were firmly placed around either sides of her thighs. She ran a hand through her head, scrunching up her nose by his statement.

Jordyn looked around, they had been washed away from the central of the beach. The pair were now almost sitting by the rocks, alone.

"Really?" Jordyn raised her eyebrows, luring him in with her eyes. Trent nodded, biting his lips as he leaned closer to her. Playing along, Jordyn grasped his chin, lightly stroking the beard that was slowly growing.

When their lips brushed against one another, a wicked smile formed on her lips as she pushed his head back, making him fall to his side while she stood up and walked back to the others "What a tease!" He yelled after her, his heart still pounding.