21. barman

Jordyn and Lewis sat by the window in the fancy restaurant, they were both looking down at the menu when a waitress approached them with a smile

"How can I help you tonight?"

"Hey, can I get the steak; medium rare with the potatoes on the side and a Fanta, she'll get the salad, right babe?"

"Actually, no. Can I get that burger and chips on the side, oh erm and a water. Thank you so much" Jordyn smiled as she returned it and walked away having jotted it down on her notepad.

Jordyn looked back at Lewis who was busy staring across the street, she was weirded out by his actions but refrained from bringing the subject up.

"So the party later right?" She finally said, breaking his train of thought.

"Mhmm, wanna come spend the night at my place after?" He looked at her with his big blue eyes.

"I actually think I'm going home with Amanda but I'll see you soon after anyways right?"

He nodded his head silently.

The date finally came to an end as the couple were in the car, driving up to the mansion where the party was being held at. Lewis drummed on the steering wheel as he came to a stop, "i'll be right behind you" he said. Jordyn nodded her head and stepped out. She watched him drive off to find a parking space down the street before she walked up the driveway to the fancy mansion.

"Jordy!" Amanda exclaimed, swinging her arms around the girl.

Trent stood a few meters away, watching as the girl laughed at her friend. He felt a nudge on his side, turning his head, he was met by Robbo who wiggled his eyebrows. "stop it robbo" Trent shyly laughed, shaking his head.

Andrew chuckled at his friend, "ya know for a playboy, ya really knew how to choose this time" Andy snorted, referring to her her boyfriend who entered the place right after her.

"Yeah well, she's been airing my messages ever since her boyfriend got mad" Trent said, making Andy laugh and nearly spit out his drink. Jordyn had already made her way to the living room and was dragged by Amanda towards them. Amanda was grinning from ear to ear as she laid her eyes on Trent.

"Trent!" She exclaimed and came to a stop, she glanced between Jordyn and Trent who greeted each-other with an awkward hug.

Amanda dragged Andy away and the pair was left alone yet again. "So I see your mans wasn't happy about you being around me?" Trent said in a teasing manner. Jordyn only punched his arm lightly, shaking her head while she searched around the room for Lewis.

She found him taking to Sasha who looked way too uncomfortable. He had his eyes on Trent the whole time which made a heavy sigh escape her lips. She turned to Trent with pursed lips and he smiled at her in return. He tugged lightly on the sleeves of her shirt and nodded his head to the bar.

Jordyn nodded her head and together they made their way through the crowd and approached the bartender at the bar
—apparently it was normal to have bartenders at rich parties—, they ordered their drinks and the man nodded his head.

As they sipped on their drinks a moment later, Lewis appeared out of thin air.

He placed a protective arm around her and completely ignored Trent "Wanna get out of here?" He said to her with a grin.

To be brutally honest, Jordyn got creeped out, in her ears it sounded as if Lewis was some random guy who wanted to take her home. Trent took a sip from the lemon water —he had a game the next day— and suddenly stood up straighter.

"Oh, what happened? Are you feeling alright?" Jordyn asked, raising her
hand towards his forehead to feel his temperature. With furrowed eyebrows she watched as he gripped her wrist and brought her arm back again.

"Nah, I'm just a bit tired of this party, boring to be honest"

"Oh, I already told you tough.. I'm going home with Amanda" Jordyn felt awkward having to repeat herself and shut her boyfriend down in front of Trent; the guy her said boyfriend hates.

"Why tough? You could just spend the night at my place" Lewis furrowed his eyebrows. Normally he wouldn't get this irritated over a small thing but seeing as Trent stood next to him, he was determined to show him who Jordyn was in a relationship with. To be clear; it's Lewis, not him.

"Bro, she doesn't want to go home with you, stop being so pushy" Trent chuckled form besides them. Jordyn raised her eyebrows at him, surprised that he had stayed trough their whole conversation.

"Mind your own business" Lewis spat irritated, obviously ticked off by his input. Trent only rolled his eyes.

"Lewis, really I'm alright to go home with Amanda, you can leave if it's too boring"

He scoffed "What, leave you alone with this scumbag? The dickhead's gonna try something" Lewis said, not even glancing at the guy next to him.

Trent kissed his teeth, placing down his drink on the countertop "Who the fuck do you think you are? You don't own her asshole" Trent could feel his hands beginning to shake with anger.

"I'm getting real tired of you, you're jarring man" Lewis finally turned to look at him. He didn't understand why Trent couldn't just leave them alone, Lewis was happy that he finally had found someone.

"And you're a dickhead, move" Trent rolled his eyes so hard that he was about to pass out. It wasn't exactly like Lewis had come first, Trent had it fine until he came along. Well sort of he thought.

"Another drink lads?" The barman chuckled awkwardly as he stood behind the counter, holding up the shaker.