15. laugh now cry later

Meaningless

Meaningless

The words echoed in his head as he walked into the building from the pitch. Melwood was  quiet at this time of day. Jürgen was in the dining hall, talking with Mo and Naby, Virgil and Joe were still working on recovery. And Trent was slowly making his way out to his car after bidding goodbye to the team. It was no news that Trent had been distant this training. Maybe it was Jordyn, maybe it wasn't. Or perhaps the loss last weekend.

He slammed the door closed as he pressed play on his steering wheel, Laugh now cry later by Drake blasted through the radio, eliminating room for his loud thoughts.

Sometimes we laugh sometimes we cry, but I guess you know now, baby

The car ride back home to his dog was stress free as he entered the million dollar house, his two dogs immediately greeting him.

They clawed onto his legs and hung out their tongues, happy that he was finally home. A smile spread across his lips as he petted them both, fetching their snacks from the kitchen cabinet before throwing it to them.

He threw the red cap on his head on the kitchen counter along with his keys before he sat down in his couch. His pity party was short lived when his dogs jumped on to the couch, snuggling up to his side.While his eyes were rested on the television screen in front of him, the scenes from the night on the beach replayed in his head. What if he hadn't held back? What if he took the chance he was given? He wasn't one to miss the big opportunities but something about that one took him by surprise, quite literally.

Trent furrowed his eyebrows, Jordyn had somehow entered his life by chance and stayed through fate. Which was pretty ironic since they bumped into each other literally by chance and coincidentally met again.

he began thinking, what if he loved her?

"quit it Trent" he mumbled to himself while he dragged his hands down his face, exhausted from overthinking.

he fetched his phone from his pocket and opened instagram. lately he had been on the app more than off it. Trent clicked on the first story which happened to be Amanda.

The first two taps on the screen was her daily 'aesthetically pleasing' mornin routine, posted a few hours ago. The Khmer girl sat on her balcony, taking deep breaths as she closed her eyes. The third tap showed her and her boyfriend captioned; my love. The final videos she had posted was of her and Sasha, with a pair arguing in the back.

Trent raised his eyebrows, a cheeky smile formed across his plump lips as he brought the phone closer to his eyes.

The couple looked distraught, one more than the other. He smiled at this, and laid his head back on the couch. Trent scratched behind his dogs' ear as it laid its head on his lap. Their story was far from over

Jordyns pov

The young girl laid in her couch, a blanket lazily thrown on her legs as she propped herself up with her elbow, the hood on her hoodie had been pulled up.

She wore an annoyed expression on her face when her Netflix show lagged due to the internet in the building.

Her mood had been low the whole day ever since she got in an argument with Lewis. Amanda, however, tried to help by lighting a few candles, putting on her favorite show and placing out a few snacks on the coffee table in front of her. She claimed to be lifting her vibrations on this cloudy Manchester day.

Her vibes were not thriving and her stomach was growling. Jordyn sighed and pulled the fluffy blanket to the side, jumping up to her feet to check her refrigerator.

To her dismay, the refrigerator light, dimly lit up the empty space between the lemons and the ham.

"What the fuck" Jordyn could swear that she had just gone grocery shopping.

A sigh escaped her lips as she pulled on her white sneakers and left her apartment, still wearing just a hoodie and a pair of fleece shorts since it was the middle of august.

The sun was beginning to set, Illuminating the street she stepped on as she decided to walk all the way to the nearest fast food chain —which was further than she remembered—.

She placed both of the AirPods into her ears and played the song that had been on repeat for a good week.

Her day was turning around, at least until the rain fell over the city, and she was left soaking wet having almost made it to the restaurant.