27. get rid of him

Jordyn bit her nails as she stared ahead nervously

Jordyn bit her nails as she stared ahead nervously. The car was silent as they drove through the city during the sunset, the usual time for Amanda to be meditating or journaling. But she would rather be with Jordyn rightnow, carrying out their mission.

"Get rid of him, I beg you. And tell him to give back your necklace too" she said to her best friend as they came to a stop outside of his house. Jordyn had lost the necklace she always had on, the one with a short gold chain and a small heart.

"I can't!" Jordyn exclaimed, starting to breath heavier as the time ticked by "What do I say?"

"Just say that his dickhead actions makes you barf and therefore you want nothing to do with him anymore" Amanda shrugged casually, still dressed in her Japanese style kimono. She flipped down the compartment mirror and watched her reflection as she took out her voluminous curls out of the bun, picking at them a bit to guide them.

"That's a bit harsh, no?" Jordyn mumbled and unbuckled her seatbelt.

She leaned forward and rested her head in her hands. Amanda looked at her best-friend with a sorrowful look.

"Jordyn, I know that you're in love with Trent" She stated. Amand a knew that Jordyn wasn't one to talk about her feelings. She hadn't even mentioned them in over ten years.

"I-" Jordyn tried to say but no words came out. She opened the car door and took a deep breath before she walked up the damp terrace.

Ringing the doorbell, she already felt an uneasy feeling in her stomach. Lewis opened the door, she caught a glance of a brunette behind him and Jordyn raised her eyebrows "Hey.." she trailed off.

"Jordyn!" He exclaimed upon seeing her. He looked almost hungover?

"Lewis, Uhm, can we head inside? Or?.." Jordyn furrowed her eyebrows.

She pulled the hood of the sweater down and tilted her head at him while she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Erm, I don't think that it's a good time right now, could you come by later?"

Jordyn narrowed her eyes at him. She wasn't stupid, she could tell what he had been doing behind her back, the guilty look on his face gave it all away.

"I can't, Lewis. I came to tell you that it's not working between us anymore-"

"You're breaking up with me because of that dickhead?" He stared at her with narrows eyes. The blonde was dressed in a tracksuit and his beard was beginning to grow in.

"What? Who? Trent?"

"I can't believe you Jordyn, you're breaking up with me so you can be with him?" Lewis huffed.

"No, I'm breaking up with you because you're the dickhead, Trent has got nothing to do with this!" She exclaimed, did he feel the need to bring up Trent every time?

"Really Jordyn? I'm not stupid you know. How do you think I feel? I see the way you two stare at each other. And listen to the way you talk about and defend him. It fucking hurts, to know that the girl you love is in love with another man Jordyn!"

Jordyn blinked a few times, she felt the tears forming as she stared at him.

"I've always had love for you Lewis" Jordyn knew that he was right. She felt ashamed but at the same time angry at him, for what reason she didn't know.

So Jordyn only turned on her heel, and she entered the car again. Amanda had heard their conversation, well Lewis' part because he wasn't exactly quiet with his words. And Amanda had rolled down her windows to eavesdrop.

She drove away and Jordyn completely broke down in the passenger seat.

"Oh Jordy" Amanda mumbled, resting her free hand on her back and she parked the car a few moments later in front of their place. The lake was quiet, and the two girls hadn't been there in over a month.

They sat down at a nearby bench and Jordyn gave out a heavy sigh.

"I'm-" she started but yet again no words came out "you heard, didn't you?" Jordyn turned to look at Amanda who only nodded her head in response.

"As your best mate, Jordyn. Lewis is right, he's wrong for being an asshole and trying to blame everything on you. But he's got a point in that Trent situation" Amanda said, her gaze focused on the horizon line.

Jordyn groaned and leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees and rested her chin on the palms of her hands.

"I don't even know how. Trent just makes me feel a type of way. He cheers me up and he makes me feel alive"

Amanda nodded her head, it was all she wanted to hear from her friend. After moving away from London, Jordyn had completely switched off her ability to talk about her emotions.

Every time it was brought up; she would find an excuse to run away.

Amanda nodded, she understood.