28. misunderstanding

Jordyn was beyond nervous

Jordyn was beyond nervous. After all this time of Trent chasing after her, she had finally come to her senses.

The girl was stood on his front porch, it was stupid of her to not call first or text since she had stood awkwardly for a while. She looked down at her shoes and pursed her lips, Jordyn turned around and as she took a step forward, the door behind her opened. A smile formed on her face and she turned around to face him.

Only that, it wasn't him. A brunette stood in front of her dressed in his oversized t-shirt and a pair of adidas shorts. With a confused yet polite smile on her face "Hi, can I help you?"

Jordyn was quiet, she didn't want to jump to conclusions. Maybe this was his cousin?

"Is Trent here?" She asked after a while. Her heart started beating faster. And faster.

"Yeah, babe!"

Until it shattered to pieces.

"Oh, no it's fine. Just came by to see
if my-" that was when she saw it. The gold chain that sat comfortably around the brunettes neck.

Jordyn locked eyes with her. She could tell that the brunette was confused "I'm probably just out of it, sorry for disturbing" Jordyn quickly flashed her a tight smile and turned around.

"Who is it, love?" She heard his voice before a tear rolled down her cheek.

She was too late, she had spent all this time contemplating whether or not she loved him but she was too late now.

Trent pulled the hoodie over his upper body and widened his eyes at the familiar car that left his driveway.

"Who was that?" Olivia furrowed her eyebrows at her new boyfriend.

"Jordyn" Trent replied in a low tone.

He blinked a few times and but his bottom lip. He knew that she had dumped Lewis. Had she come to confess her love?

"I have to head out really quickly, do you need a ride home?"

Olivia pursed her lips, she had planned for them to stay inside and cuddle all day. So she only nodded her head and the two headed up the stairs. Trent took a shower while she gathered her things

A few moments later they were parked outside of her house. It was dead silent as Trent awkwardly waited for her to leave.

"Do you love her?" She asked, her gaze focused in front of her.

Trent was caught off guard "Yeah, I do" he sighed "Sorry Olivia"

"No worries, she's a beautiful girl, I've seen the way you look at her" Olivia pursed her lips. She had been at the parties and even tough Jordyn hadn't seen her, Olivia had definitely seen the girl. She was there the night of the fight. She saw the look Trent gave her. Olivia saw him look at her with everything she had ever wanted.

Olivia exited the car and Trent immediately stepped on the gas. He hoped that he she would understand; he didn't know.

Entering the apartment complex he was met with Amanda who nervously glanced down at the floor while she attempted to walk past him "Amanda"

She closed her eyes and with a sigh she turned to him with pursed lips "She's not here, Trent"

"Where is she then?"

Amanda shrugged but he could see the guilty look on her face "aren't spiritual people supposed to tell the truth and be peaceful or whatever?"

Her eyelids dropped and she rested a hand on her hip "What do you want from her?" She asked in an irritated tone.

Trent was silent "I don't know, i'm so confused" he sighed and sat down in the lobby sofa. He dragged his hands down his face and focused his gaze down on the floor.

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she took a seat next to him. She had time today before her yoga session. Amanda was already in her training clothes, she had even put her hair in a low bun.

"When she was with him, I knew that she felt something for me. But then I became unsure so I met up with Olivia. And now.."

"She's at her grandfather's, you lot should sort it out" Amanda patted his arm and stood up to walk out. Trent drove all the way to Liverpool, he parked at an empty space in front of Will's house. Standing on the porch, he started getting nervous.

The door opened and he was met with Will, the older man gave him a nod "She's upset. I'm going to the store" Will walked around him and walked down the streets, leaving the door opened.

Trent exhaled and inhaled before he stepped into the hallway and closed the door, after all this was what he had been waiting for.

"Jordyn?" he found her curled up on the sofa.

She froze on the spot and swallowed hard before she sat up straight and made room for him to sit.