19. triumph

"Hell no, I am not wearing that" Amanda sighed while she laid on the bed, Sasha rummaged through her closet, pulling out every clothing item she could find

"I'm serious Amanda, this dress suits you" she held onto the gold glittery dress.

"Are you seriously trying to make fun of me right now Sash?" Amanda raised her eyebrows questionable at her friend.

"Jordy, tell her!"

"She's lying Amanda, that dress would look horrible on you" Jordyn glanced up from her phone once. The dress was chucked at her and Jordyn broke out into laughter while she held onto it.

"Fine, I'll find something else" Sasha mumbled, turning around furiously.

The three girls were currently planning on what they would wear for the upcoming party, and when Amanda claimed to have nothing in her closet, Sasha came to the rescue like always.

"Alrighty guys, I actually have to go now but I'll see you lot tomorrow" Jordyn stood up from her spot on the edge of the bed.

"Where to Jordy?" Amanda narrowed her eyes at the girl. In which Jordyn shrugged.

"Probably to hang out with her side ting" Sasha snorted, obviously referring to Trent.

"He's not my side ting, we're literally just friends" Jordyn rolled her eyes, tossing her Vaseline into the pockets of her hoodie.

"Friends don't look at friends that way" Sasha sang while she held up a green dress.

"True that, you guys literally look madly in love every time we see you, and no" Amanda lazily looked at her friend, tired that she had to keep lying to herself.

Sasha turned around again, tossing the green dress onto the pile of other dresses and two pieces that didn't work out.

"Whatever, I'm leaving to hang out with my friend" Jordyn flipped them off.

A few moments later she was stepping into the large house again, he was nowhere to be found but the dogs ran up to her happily.

"Where's Trent?" She tilted her head at them while she patted their heads and scratched the back of their ears.

She heard his voice come from the back of the house and she kicked off her shoes before walking towards his voice.

"Yeah, we'll see about that. Maybe tomorrow, yeah I'm free tomorrow. We could get lunch? At that restaurant you like. Sure I'll pick you up, yeah see ya, bye darling"

Jordyn raised her eyebrows and felt a pang to the chest. She took a deep breath and wondered why her heart did that, maybe it was her lungs. She had been eating a bit badly over the week.

"Hey" she spoke up.

Trent turned around alarmingly, a look of fear flashed across his eyes until he cleared his throat and greeted her back.

"Why so jumpy mate?" She chuckled and walked towards his open arms.

"Nothing, you just sneaked up on me" He chuckled quite nervously while he hugged her tightly.

They hung out for a good couple of hours and by the time they were finished with their third movie—which consisted of them only talking— Jordyn had lost track of time.

"Shit, I've got class tomorrow" she mumbled while she locked her phone.

"Stay for a bit longer Jordyn" he whined, clinging onto the edge of her jeans.

"I can't Trent, I'm gonna wake up late then" She whined back, standing up to make a run for the door.

But to no use, he pinned her back down on the sofa, snaked his long arms around her waist and hugged her closely to him. She laughed and tried to wriggle out of his grip.

"Nah but seriously now Trent!" She exclaimed, a smile still drawn on her face.

"Fine, but I'll drive y'a home"

She nodded her head and he stood up, offering his hand to her. Jordyn accepted it and he swung their hands back and forth on the way to the car parked outside.

Jordyn later looked down at her lap and saw her phone flash a few times. She hadn't been checking it since she arrived at his house. To say that she was shocked was an understatement. She had one missed call from Amanda but the girl had texted, asking whether or not she was home yet since Amanda needed to use her blender.

The other missed call was from Lewis. And another text from Amanda.

Amanda🤎
Lewis knows you're at Trents house!!
Oh my days, he saw you on Trents snap story.
Girl he's texting me rn!
You better get the hell out of there!!

She raised her eyebrows, feeling guilt wash over her.

"What did you upload to your story?" She suddenly asked, out of the blue.

"Us having a movie night?" He respndoed in a questioning tone.

"Well Lewis saw it" she mumbled, quietly.

"Oh, sorry, is he the jealous type?" Trent knew Damn well that lewis got jealous quickly. That was after all his intention.

"Yeah, he is. Don't worry about it" She shrugged it off, deciding to deal with it later. The couple had been together for months, they were in love, one more little argument wasn't gonna split them apart.

"Alright well , text me if anything happens, I'm always here you know" The car came to a stop outside of the tall building yet again for the sixth time this week. She thanked him for the time and the ride before she closed the door.

He re-watched his own story with a grin. Felling triumph that he was getting under Lewis' skin even more than before.