18. pretty little fears

"Babe? You listening?" Lewis waved a hand in front of her face

"Hmm?" She raised her eyebrows lazily.

"As I was saying, I'm picking you up before the party next weekend right?"

Jordyn nodded her head even tough she was probably only gonna cancel last minute.

Sighing, he pursed his lips and nodded his head. Lewis knew that their fight had been a little bit over dramatic from his part but Jordyn had become more distant since last week when the fight had broke out.

"Great, I should get back to campus soon, see you in a bit" he placed a kiss on her cheek before he scurried off.

Jordyn dragged herself back to class and greeted Amanda with a warm hug, feeling as if collapsing against her friend.

"Woah, what's up with you?" Amanda asked, an evident worried look plastered across her face.

"Nothing" Jordyn mumbled, sitting down at her desk before she leaned her head on the table, waiting for the day to end.

"You sure hun?"

She nodded her head.

The day went by slowly, Jordyn not speaking much while Amanda had to nudge her a few times to make sure that her friend hadn't fallen asleep in class again.

Their professor dismissed them and that was the end of the day. Jordyn and Amanda walked out of the classroom, a black car was waiting outside and Amanda nudged her side while she nodded at the car. Amanda hugged her goodbye while Jordyn curiously stepped to the car.

"Care to join me for a ride?" Trent rolled down the windows.

"I've really gotta stop giving my schedule to Sasha" she mumbled, climbing into the passengers seat and throwing her bag in the backseat. Eying him carefully Trent started laughing at her nervousness.

"You hungry?" He asked and started driving out of campus while she nodded.

it was fair to say that the two were getting closer by the day, he would text her from out of the blue and she would reply with a smile on her face, happy because he would mainly send her a bunch of funny tiktoks.

Grabbing a to go bag of 'healthy' burritos, Trent parked in front of her apartment complex. She motioned for them to go inside her flat and together they took the elevator up. He kicked his shoes off by the door and sat down on the stools by the kitchen island. While he waited for her to change, he decided to look around.

He noticed a row of pictures on the fridge, it was of her and Amanda. They looked to be about fourteen or fifteen and the two of them were dressed in football kits, Amanda resting her foot on top of a football and Jordyn holding a trophy between them with a grin.

The next one was of her when she was very young, a slightly older version of herself stood behind Jordyn, an arm resting on her shoulder. They looked to be on vacation and Trent wondered if it was her older sister. Surely it had to be, but Jordyn had never mentioned her family before which Trent knew why.

Jordyn appeared at the entrance to the kitchen, dressed in a matching set of sark blue sweats while she watched him examine the pictures.

"Is that your sister?"

She nodded her head slowly, cursing herself for not taking it down.

"I didn't know you played football" he chuckled, trying to change the subject while he sat down in front of her.

"I was the top goal scorer, and Amanda was the best center left back at the club"

Jordyn bit into her burrito, and cringed at the taste of the bitter salad. She soon found it in herself to finish the whole thing even though it was full of greens.

They later laid on the carpet in her room. Their heads next to each other while their body's were sprawled out different directions. Jordyn had turned on the purple lights by the edge of her bed and Trent had picked the music playing on the speakers.

Wanna know who you with, don't tell 'em. Come on fellas that ain't none of your biz'

"This is so cliche, like literally taken straight out of a teenage romcom" Jordyn giggled while she stared up at the ceiling.

"What do you mean?" Trent laughed, his hands rested on his stomach.

"Haven't you seen those coming of age romances, where they lay like how we are and then they slowly turn their heads to face each other" she turned her head, facing him directly.

"What do they do after?" He raised his eyebrows at her. Although he was pretty sure he looked quite odd since he looked upside down from her angle.

"Even more cliche Trent, they have a moment which ends up with a horrible make out session" Jordyn chuckled, turning her head away from him and humming along to the song; pretty little fears.

Girl you want my best side, hmm
But she's from the west side.

Trent stayed in his position. He admired her, how creases would form at the corner of her eyes when she would smile too hard. How she would get lost in her own thoughts, not even realizing that she had stopped mid-sentence. Trent adored her passion about things and people she loved.

Now I just wanna know.
Don't you sugar coat, I'll say it
all if you want.

But in the mid of her sentence, Jordyn stared up at the ceiling, her eyes lost in the distance while sadness flashed across her face. He furrowed his eyebrows and watched as she spaced out.

Suddenly, she caught herself again, blinking a few times before she continued on where she left off.

And Trent knew in that moment, she made his heart skip a beat every time he saw her and he was most probably in love.

Pretty little fears, music to my ears.