13. another night

Jordyn almost broke down in tears when they entered the classroom again

Jordyn almost broke down in tears when they entered the classroom again. Amanda dragged her to the back where they usually sat, both of them depending on the other for sanity.

Their new English teacher entered the crowded room a few minutes later, slamming a pile of books on the dark brown wooden table in the front, telling the guy in the front row to pass the books out.

Jordyn couldn't believe herself. It was the first day of collage, she had gotten back from her vacation over three days ago and her phone had magically disappeared from the moment when she had the aux in Trents' car and when she stepped into her apartment.

She fumbled around her hand bag, convinced that she had thrown her phone in there before she left the car this morning.

Amanda calmed her down, slipping her crystal bracelet onto Jordyns' rummaging wrists, confident that it would help her breathe. Amanda flipped her voluminous curly hair to one side as she rested her chin on the palm of her hand, quietly chuckling at her friend.

"I swear, I had it in my hand!" Jordyn whisper-yelled.

Deciding that she wouldn't get nowhere, she spent the rest of the school day moping and crying about her lost phone and the new English teacher who she was sure 'had it out for her'. She was absolutely fuming.

Amanda, again, dragged her out of their last class, and into the sunlight outside where they both exhaled, immediately feeling the burden being lifted off their shoulders.

But as they got closer to the curb, Jordyn could make out a figure, patiently waiting for her. Amanda smirked bidding goodbye and running off to her boyfriend.

"Howdy stranger" Trent chuckled in which Jordyn cringed at his 'southern' accent.

He had gone through a lot to get his hands on her schedule. Trent had to ask Jadon, who asked

"Bet you were stressing about this" he held her iPhone in the air. Jordyn breathed out, jumping on him to get her phone back.

"Chill man! Gosh" Trent stared with wide eyes as she hugged her phone close to her chest.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed.

"What you up to now?" Trent raised his eyebrows, his body leaning against the hood of his car.

"Home I guess" Jordyn shrugged, slipping her phone into her back pocket.

"Let's go for a coffee" Trent opened the passengers seat, motioning for her to get in, which she did, despite her brain telling her not to get caught up.

They were now situated across one another in the small coffee shop with a cup of tee and coffee between them.

"What major are you in?" Trent picked up her history book from her book bag, flipping through the pages.

"Art and design" Jordyn sipped on the herbal tee, feeling the warmth spread throughout her body.

"That's actually so cool" Trent admitted truthfully, slipping back her history book.

"So did you want to talk about something? Or?" Jordyn raised her eyebrows.

"Nah, just wanted to take you out"

The small cafe was filled with people but they could only see each other.

"Oh, I didn't know that this was a date" Jordyn chuckled, placing the hot cup of tea down on the table again.

"Now you know love"

"Look Trent, what happened in Hawaii was just a one time thing, I'm happy with Lewis and I'm sure you're happy with whoever it is you're with" Jordyn said, although her statement was bold, Trent couldn't help but hear the slight quiver in her sentence and he knew that she always claimed to know what was best for her. But Trent was determined that he could treat her better than Lewis will.

"I know, what happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii" Trent shrugged, leaning back on the chair.

Jordyn narrowed her eyes at him before she nodded slowly, sipping on her tea again.
They both eyed one another, sitting in silence.

"Did you tell Lewis by the way?" Trent asked, him too sipping on the hot coffee.

Jordyn shook her head as he nodded his slowly "I see"

"What? Are you trying to blackmail me or something?"

Trent shrugged, smirking.

"Dunno, depends"

Jordyn rolled her eyes, freeing her braids from the tight low pony tail she had on since she left the loft.

Later on, they were in his car, driving back to her apartment building again but this time, Trent got an invite up.

They held their conversation as they entered the kitchen, Jordyn placing her book bag on the counter and asking him politely if he wanted drinks or something.

"What you got?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Well, Hennessy, red wine?" Trent nodded at the latter as she poured the red wine in two wine glasses, passing one to him.

They sat on the couch, enjoying the wine while the movie 'Notting hill' played on the television screen as background sound.

"I never knew that you were so good in bed" He spoke up. Jordyn almost spit the wine out of her mouth but coughed instead.

A grin plastered across his face as he ducked from her flying hands "could you not?"

"Alright, alright" He held his hands up in defense, pouring more of the wine from the bottle and into his tall glass.

Jordyn could see where the night was going, and she didn't do a single thing about it.

I know that it's going really slow rn but trust. It's about to get dramatic.