12. ride back home

Jordyns' eyes fluttered open as the sun shined through the space in the curtains

Jordyns' eyes fluttered open as the sun shined through the space in the curtains. She groaned and tossed around the oddly big bed before she stopped dead in her tracks.

The body next to her moved an inch, the person letting out a groan as he buried his face deeper into his pillow.

Jordyn felt her heart almost jumping out of her chest as she could recognize the back of his head anywhere.

Fuck.

Jordyn quietly sneaked out of his bed and entered her room just across the hall, cursing herself for drinking that much the night before. She was even wearing his shirt now.

As usual, the house was empty, which only made things more awkward when they met in the kitchen downstairs, avoiding eye contact.

"Look last night, we were both hammered alright, nothing has changed"

"I didn't say anything?" Trent threw her a questioning look, which only made her roll her eyes.

"Although you did scream very loudly" He chuckled to himself.

"You think you're funny yeah?"

Trent frowned, but a smirk quickly took over.

"Wonder what Lewis is gonna say"

Fucking hell.

Jordyns' eyes widened, how could she be this stupid? How could she be such a hypocrite. If there was anything Jordyn hated, it was cheaters, but technically they hadn't made it official and one little bump along the road shouldn't affect the whole journey, right?

"Shut up, you probably have someone back in England as well" She mumbled.

"I do, but we're nothing serious" He shrugged.

The rest of the day went smoothly, the pair had forgotten their argument, exchanging glances across the room from time.

Sasha raised her eyebrows at this, pulling Jordyn to the patio a bit far from the others.

"What's going on with you and the scouser?" Sasha mumbled quietly.

"Nothing?"

"Don't lie to me Jordy, y'all's eyes tells me different" Sasha narrowed her eyes at the girl, adjusting her blue skirt around her waist.

"Alright, it's just a situation" Jordyn finally gave in, shrugging as nonchalantly as she could.

"look you two obviously have something going on, but just down let your situation get out of hand" Sasha offered her a sweet smile, the kind of smile that Jordyn called 'the American smile'. She had seen that smile on tv, when the characters give advice on what they know is gonna become a disaster.

Nonetheless, Jordyn nodded, following her back into the house. The lot of them were all ready, waiting by the front door with their suitcases already packed.

The flight back from Hawaii to the uk was shorter as Jordyn bid goodbye to the others.

"Want a ride?" Trent appeared by her side.

"Sure" Jordyn shrugged, not in the mood to calm for a taxi.

Trent lifted both of their suitcases into the back of his Range Rover, before he drove off towards the inner city.

"Want the aux?" He lifted the cord in which she connected it to her phone, clicking on her Spotify playlist.

Inhale, exhale, I might take another hit before I set sail. When my text fail I had hit you from another cell, told me "get well" did you mean that cause I can't tell

Jordyn sang along to the lyrics, pouring her heart out on the line. Trent glanced at her, a soft smile forming on his lips as he watched her vibe out in the passenger seat of his car. Her bright smile making the grin on his face grow wider by the second.

Jordyn later caught on and bursted out into laughter "what?"

Trent shook his head in denial.

"What, you don't know Bryson Tiller?" Jordyn gasped dramatically, adjusting the straps on her top.

"I only know drake" Trent grabbed her phone, searching for drake in her playlist with his left hand as he steered with his other hand.

I wish that we could change places, don't want no new, new faces. She got my heartbeat racing. They say time heals, don't go building a life without me 'cause you're mine still.

Trent slightly mumbled along, wishing that he could sound it out to her because the last three weeks with her had been the the best weeks of his life so far. Trent wished that he could just tell her how much she meant to him and how she wouldn't have chosen Lewis, she should've chosen him instead. But he knew that he was being selfish.

While Trent kept his eyes on the road, Jordyn looked at him in curiosity, wondering what he could be thinking of that made him go so silent. But then she reminded herself that she couldn't be more caught up with Trent that what she already was because a) he's a baller and everybody knows what type the ballers are. B) Lewis and c) they wouldn't mesh well together.

"Pretty face, pretty tempted, but pretty taught me ugly lessons. But pretty had me giving more than what I was getting. So if pretty don't come with something, we'll then I dead it" Trent hummed, glancing down at the girl.

He let out a sigh.

The pair of them were in the same car, both with words just on the tip of their tongues.